Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 862

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Day Shift was actually a fun watch. A surprisingly large amount of practical action.

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

i just came to say I decided to start all the DC animation stuff and yeah this is a fantastic start to it. I love the voice acting so much.

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah Day Shift was pretty fun

4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Watching Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) on HBO Max and uh, it’s PG. but I just saw someone bash in someone else’s head with a shovel or something. The 70’s were wild. There has also been some nudity, but no nipples haha so I guess that makes it family friendly.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  5. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Yeah I've definitely noticed how much they got away with in the 70s-80s and still get a PG rating pretty crazy

6. popdisaster00 Aug 13, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 13, 2022)
    PG-13 didn’t exist yet. It was introduced in 1984.

Colby Searcy and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  7. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

and now there are nipples, topless scene in PG. you love to see it.

oh, I know. It’s just funny to see these older films and see how less precious we were about something as normal as female breasts.

Colby Searcy and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  8. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Watching Scanners for the first time. It’s fun to catch all the things Stranger Things is going for.

9. Colby Searcy

Even some of the PG-13 movies from the 80s they got away with alot too.

10. Yes the MPAA rarely makes sense

imthesheriff and Colby Searcy like this.
  11. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah I remember renting European vacation for my like 10th bday party sleepover and all my friends and I cracking up and my dad running down the stairs when a bunch of topless dancers showed up. It was PG or PG-13.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. imthegrimace

13. i remember watching Airplane! as a kid and seeing those boobies

14. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I think my favorite ratings anecdote was back on the first American Pie when the MPAA was super specific about how vigorously and how many times Jason Biggs could thrust when he was fucking a pie before they slapped it with an "X" instead of an "R". Just the thought of all those grown adult people sitting around in an office or whatever discussing that cracks me up.

15. Colby Searcy

Yeah this is one specifically that came to mind

popdisaster00 likes this.
  16. imthegrimace

to be fair the first cut that scene was 45 minutes long.

17. Colby Searcy

Imagine watching a guy simulate fucking a pie for 45 minutes

18. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I have no real evidence to back this up, but I also remember reading about the double standard with male vs. female nudity in regards to R ratings, with ridiculous rules like penises can only be shown flaccid, and there being stories of MPAA people quibbling over the degree of the angle of a penis in a shot to determine if it was erect or not.

Zilla and riotspray like this.
  19. Batman: Bad Blood is so fucking cool. Maybe not as "good" as Under the Red Hood and Mask of the Phantasm, but definitely had the best action sequences. It's got the sort of flashy stuff that, up until recently, was only achievable with animation; I feel like this fully utilized the medium in a way that other DC films I've seen haven't (except for maybe the Catwoman anime). The presence of so much high tech was a neat contrast from Year One. It was nice to spend some time with these members of the Batfam. The only other thing I've seen Damian in is the Harley Quinn show, haha. It's always nice to see Kate Kane kicking ass, and being gay.

20. CobraKidJon

I did Batman under the red hood last night and today I watched Batman death in the family which was a decent watch.

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I've been watching DC animated movies all day today. Death Of Superman and Reign Of The Supermen are so good.

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

looked up the D23 schedule. Looks like 9/9 we're getting Disney and Pixar animated stuff, and 9/10 we're getting Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios, and 20th Century stuff.

23. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I watched Injustice recently. It was alright. They crammed in a lot of material into one movie though.

24. CobraKidJon

I’m more disappointed that the death in the family wasn’t the whole story rather a short bit since I heard it was interactive I was like oh cool I’ll have a whole night of stuff and then I realize it was literally just a retelling of under the red hood.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Actually the conversation recently about the animated Batman movies on HBO Max prompted me to show my son Mask of the Phantasm and he loved it

AgonizingFir and Colby Searcy like this.