Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 861

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. What are some essential animated Batman movies on HBO Max? I've seen The Long Halloween, The Killing Joke, and Mask of the Phantasm.

2. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I enjoyed Batman: Year One. I also enjoyed Batman Ninja, though that one is definitely not essential. It's a cool deviation from what you'd typically expect from an animated Batman movie.

3. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Batman: Year One is great. That's the one where Bryan Cranston does the voice for Gordon.

Also not a Batman one, but Justice League: The New Frontier is essential. Pretty much a gigantic animated loveletter to the Silver Age of comic books.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. Under the Red Hood

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think Batman animated movie have been very consistently great for 30 years now. That probably makes me a bad barometer.

Jason Tate and Colby Searcy like this.
  6. Halitosis Jones Aug 10, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 10, 2022)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

How is that Honor Society movie on Paramount+? I watched the trailer and some parts really remind me of Rushmore and Election

7. clucky

Trusted Supporter

if I'm looking at the pricing correctly... Hulu is going from $13 a month to $15 a month and Disney is going from $8 a month to $11 a month... but Disney + Hulu (+ESPN) is staying 20 a month?

Seems weird. Guess they really want people to bundle. But at least for me, pushing me more and more to the "pick a service and subscribe to it for a month then switch to the next one" method of doing things.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. It is exactly that. Heh. It’s ok. Election and Rushmore are much better.

Halitosis Jones likes this.
  9. Year One was good, more grounded than the typical superhero origin story. I watched most of Gotham and had no idea Ben McKenzie had voiced Batman.

10. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

That's what it seems to me as well. So really no reason to not bundle at this point

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Halitosis Jones likes this.
  12. devenstonow

Noobie

Could be because a large amount of D+ subscriptions get it free, for instance I pay for Hulu but have D+ through Verizon (well, my parents Verizon)

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

imthesheriff likes this.
  14. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Put him in everything. He was the highlight of bullet train.

coleslawed and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  15. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

Oh man and remember his really great ikea joke from Eternals

coleslawed likes this.
  16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

his dynamic with ATJ was great

17. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

for sure and I usually don’t love ATJ but they were easily the highlight of the movie

JoshIsMediocre and phaynes12 like this.
  18. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Next one likely won't be nearly as hot with that initial 3 year deal expiring for a ton of people in September (myself included). Was hoping they'd do another thing like that for those that signed up for it ($140 for 3 years), but that's not looking like it'll happen.

19. Oh wow, Under the Red Hood is really good. Maybe tied with Mask of the Phantasm for my favorite animated Bat film so far. Jensen's really good in superhero shit, apparently.

20. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure how I missed this Loot show but man is this hilarious... soundtrack is so damn good and casting is perfect.

21. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Yeah I’m enjoying Loot a lot.

Brent likes this.
  22. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

WTF at this weeks ending of The Resort.

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

I honestly thought the series was gonna end with a logical explanation for everything, but it's definitely going the sci fi route. And I'm all for it.

Nyquist, Brent and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  24. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Send me your email address and I'll send you an invite. Mine is mostly horror with some esoteric 90s shit sprinkled in.

riotspray and wisdomfordebris like this.
  25. devenstonow

Noobie

Yeah I wasn't sure at first but a lot of the visuals in the first episode made me think it would go in that route

JoshIsMediocre likes this.