Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 690

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I love sex Ed but I feel like the season lost some steam in the middle third. The Nigerian stuff really fell flat for me, even though i know it’s important.

2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Straight did Ruby so dirty too wtf

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

the 2 minute metric makes no sense but still wow

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I've seen 3 of the shows and 0 movie. The two minute metric is indeed insanely dumb

coleslawed likes this.
  5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Measuring by "watched two minutes" means these are the shows people thought they might like and immediately turned off

coleslawed and irthesteve like this.
  6. I don’t think most of those were turned off.

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I know I personally turned off The Witcher, Army of the Dead and Bird Box between 2 and 10 minutes

8. And yet we know the world watched Bird Box and it was massively successful … :shrug: even Nielsen had it at like 30mil in 7 days.

9. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I can see why two minutes would seem like a stupid metric, but look at it this way... this means that there are a billion more shows and movies that either millions of people did not watch two minutes of, or the number of people who did watch two minutes or more is exceedingly small.

10. And they use 30 seconds as the metric for most online video streaming count.

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I just think if you have the technology to gauge how long people people are watching something, choosing just two minutes (or 30 seconds) seems very weird/intentionally misleading.

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I mean Tiger King is pretty far down the list, and we all KNOW that everyone watched that to completion last year. You couldn’t escape it. So knowing that I’m sure all the shows at the top were watched through by a majority.

13. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

It’s weird that they don’t point out that they’re only looking at Netflix originals / owned properties not everything available to stream

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’ve also never even heard of Lupin lol

15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Also very sad the two arguably “best” Netflix movies(Irishman, Buster Scruggs)are nowhere on that list. Which is surprising because I remember a lot of people watching The Irishman during that thanksgiving break/holiday.

16. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Or the Chicago 7

17. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Aren’t streaming platforms notorious for NOT sharing their metrics on users, viewing habits, & all that? I remember reading something to that effect in an article that was pointing out how difficult it is to verify the financial performance of these things from outside the respective companies

18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

guess i have to watch squid game now

19. It's fantastic

Serenity Now likes this.
  20. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

coming in on squid game finale tonight. such a good show.

Serenity Now likes this.
  21. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I stayed up until 5 am last today to finish squid game after work and it was worth it. I have some other thoughts but I’m too lazy to spoiler tag them lol.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Its a French show about a thief / master of disguise.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Any good?

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Sex Ed, Midnight Mass, and Squid Game all coming out around the same time is driving me crazy. I haven’t had any time to get caught up lol

25. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Midnight Mass was great