Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 660

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

She was fantastic in Undone

2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I love her but that looks terrible

3. I'm almost finished with the first season of Amphibia. Not very plot focused most of the time (especially compared to the efficiency of something like Infinity Train) but still very enjoyable. Love that the main character is (and is played by) an Asian American.

Nyquist and Colby Searcy like this.
  4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Should I start The Undoing or I May Destroy You first?

5. Haven’t seen The Undoing but I May Destroy You is a show I would consider necessary viewing

Whalejaw, OotyPa and Cameron like this.
  6. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

My son’s pretty into this. Weirdest thing is watching this and Owl House back to back and realizing they’re kind of the same show. I LOVE the finale to Amphibia season one though. I feel like once they (not sure how far exactly you are so I’ll spoiler tag this next part) introduce her friend Sasha the plot progression gets really interesting and the ending is genuinely heartbreaking.

7. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

The Undoing is not that great, but it’s fun. I May Destroy You is one of the best shows to come out last year, if not the best.

8. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. Just finished Season 1 of Amphibia! I generally try to steer clear of spoilers, but before I knew anything about the show I saw a clip on TikTok of Anne trying to save Sasha from falling off the tower and that's what made me decide to give it a shot. Likewise, I didn't know anything about She-Ra until after I saw that Adora and Catra kissed or The Owl House until after I saw that Amity had a huge crush on Luz. A similar thing happened with Infinity Train as well, but I haven't gotten to the clip I saw yet, I guess it wasn't from the first season.

Yeah, The Owl House and Amphibia have a lot of similarities; there's a Japanese term "isekai" used to refer to anime/manga series where the protagonist is trapped in another world. I like The Owl House a bit more, though, but so far I've only seen the first season of each.

Nyquist likes this.
  10. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

is CSI Miami fun to get high to and laugh at or is it just bad bad? think I tried once but I wanna give it another go

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I've watched every episode willingly and sober so I'm not one to ask but the first few seasons are decent but it soon turns into just every case being smuggling/drug cartel related

angrycandy likes this.
  12. The Mitchells vs the machines was so good

13. Finished The Wire s1. I think cop drama/law type shows are generally not really my thing but that was about as good as it gets for that type of stuff. A whole lotta heart. Definitely worth the heavy attention that it required. Some real haymaker scenes there toward the end

The s2e1 episode description revealed for me that McNulty is still featured — I didn’t expect that. For some reason I had it in my head that every season was entirely standalone

angrycandy and irthesteve like this.
  14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

They're both equally as good in very different ways

Cameron likes this.
  15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Very glad you enjoyed S1, keep it rolling, it stays great every season

trevorshmevor likes this.
  16. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

We've been binging Friday Night Lights. Only one season left. It's really good, aside from the clumsy leaps related to the writers' strike.

17. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I remember reading some comment on YouTube or god knows where on a FNL clip that said, “for a team that’s supposed to be a traditional powerhouse they sure do seem to be done in the fourth quarter and need game winning drives a lot” and it always makes me chuckle when I think of that show.

along with the coach of the opposing team tackling a player to stop a touchdown lol

Zilla and The Lucky Moose like this.
  18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Finally starting Deadwood. Let’s see if it lives up to the hype!

19. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

enjoy

20. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

A weird thing about FNL is that when they split the town into two school districts and the newly opened school suddenly is full of kids that weren’t in the old one - so where were they? Another thing funny about that is that the town suddenly seems to be way bigger than before because they wanted to tell what feels like a classic 90s inner city-ish story lol

But that’s just what TV was like, I get it

21. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Watching the HBO Max Woodstock ‘99 documentary and I’m sorry but so far this is the most unintentionally hilarious thing I’ve seen in a while. They are treating so much mundane, routine aspects of concerts as if they carry this inherently ominous, dark presence. It’s like PMRC-level shit. Of course it ended up being a horrific shit show, but that was far more a logistical issue, not some cultural one. It’s only in hindsight that any of them feel comfortable acting like it was destined to end like it did

22. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah it’s a very poorly made documentary.

riotspray likes this.
  23. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Omg this staff/security guy saying ‘99 was a greater disaster than Hurricane Katrina/Rita. Absolutely straight-faced. Incredible

24. chris

Trusted Supporter

Lol this was just an unreal quote

Serenity Now likes this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

To be fair he was a paramedic I believe not a security guard.