Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 653

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

The one from the past few years, I haven't seen the original

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

What a relief. The original is amazing!

Jason Tate and Colby Searcy like this.
  3. riotspray Jul 23, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 23, 2021)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Did the Woodstock 99 doc drop on HBO Max yet?

I thought it was supposed to come out today, but I haven't seen anything about it anywhere.

4. Colby Searcy

I know you told me to watch that one. Have you seen the one I'm talking about?

5. Oooh I wanna see that too

riotspray likes this.
  6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Nope, I don’t think I’ve heard anything good about it so it’s never been on the list. I’m glad my recommendation hasn’t lead to you watching the original and hating it. Usually you’re kinder to things than I am so if you hated the new one that much they must have made a big misstep.

Oh and the original is still on a ton of free streaming services so tag me if you ever watch it!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  7. Colby Searcy

Will do! I think I have it on my Peacock watchlist, not sure if it's still on there or not.

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

I just finished watching it! It came on Max right when the live broadcast started, which I think was 9pm.

It was really good. I dont think I realized before what a horror that festival was. Michael Lang always seemed like a dipshit to me who has no idea how to run a business (Woodstock 50 is the perfect example of that), but man his co-promoter for 99 seems like a real piece of shit. first he tries to blame the whole disaster on Limp Bizkit and their song "Break Stuff." Dude, you booked the band knowing that was their #1 hit song. THEN he starts talking about how all the sexual assaults were the women's faults because they were walking around topless and were "asking for it." And the footage of him at those press conferences basically telling everyone who voiced concerns to go fuck themselves was disgusting. I really hope his career in concert promotion died that weekend.

chewbacca110, Zilla and riotspray like this.
  9. chris

Trusted Supporter

Woodstock 99 doc was good. I grew up in Utica (like 20 minutes from Rome, NY), and remember it happening and being a mess, but didn’t realize how horrific.

that John Scher guy is a fucking worm

Serenity Now and riotspray like this.
  10. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

No, not in Utica. It’s an Albany expression

DaveyA89 and Anthony_Soprano like this.
  11. were you able to find it?

12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

bradsonemanband likes this.
  13. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I just finished Masters Of The Universe: Revelation Part 1 on Netflix and I strongly recommend it for anyone who is a fan of similar efforts to reboot 80s cartoons like Voltron and She-Ra. It's maybe not as comparable to those two, but it shows an equal amount of reverence to the source material and deconstruction of some of the cornier aspects.

The first episode basically plays out like a straight continuation of the show, cheesiness and all, up until the point where Skeletor sets Moss Man on fire and burns him to death, after which everything starts to progressively go off the rails. From there, it's an equal mix of nods to the old cartoon while also starting to take things a lot more seriously.

High points for me include Orko's character arc, subsequent heroic sacrifice, Roboto's death, and Evil-Lyn's heel-face turn, but frankly everyone gets decent moments to shine.

As for the controversy surrounding this show and the really big twist, it's one of those things where I understand the frustration while sharply disagreeing with the way people are expressing it. He-Man and Skeletor dying and seeing the aftermath is an interesting take, and I'm loving the way it's being executed, but this is also the first piece of MOTU media in almost 20 years. I can't blame people for being a little upset that the people they showed up for are pretty much relegated to guest star status.
    That said, we have a whole second half to look forward to, and I'm interested to see how this show resolves the plot threads it's got going.

14. mannnn that woodstock 99 doc was insane. people are disgusting.

it felt like i was watching the capitol riot, but with limp bizkit playing.

15. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

just finished it myself. Thought the same. Well done and powerfully nostalgic and sad for me at the same time.

Wonder if the event promoters knew they were going to be portrayed in it like the deniers they are

bradsonemanband likes this.
  16. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Woodstock 99 docu was amazing. I mean, I've watched that break stuff performance hundreds of times but what I really liked about this particular docu was highlighting how, like, unique 1999 was.

I actually loved the last line from the Woodstock guy. Woodstock was meant to be contemporary and in 1999 that was contemporary.

Its the Woodstock that 1999 was always gonna get and should've gotten for good and for very bad.

Serenity Now and koryoreo like this.
  17. marsupial jones Jul 25, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 25, 2021)
    marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Super late to the party but I really enjoyed Palm Springs. My date enjoyed it until about the 10 minute mark or so where she let out an audible sigh followed by a “what the fuck....”

Neither one of us were expecting anything outside of a regular rom-com so this was something lmao

uuu, I Am Mick and Zilla like this.
  18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Episode of The White Lotus was awesome tonight. Loving it so far.

19. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Watched all of Kevin Can Fuck Himself today. Annie Murphy is a legend. AND a Mike Mitchell appearance. What a show

gonz (Alex), irthesteve and riotspray like this.
  20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Last two episodes of Dave have been mediocre. Disappointing.

21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I tried watching it on HBO Max at around 9:15 but it still wasn't available to stream yet. Planning on watching it tonight.

22. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

this season is definitely a different tone than S1. I think I still like it but am still figuring that out episode by episode.

23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Anyone got any good documentary recommendations on Amazon Prime?

24. Not sure if these are all still on there or not, but:
    Three Identical Strangers
    Echo in the Canyon

aoftbsten likes this.
  25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Both are buy or rent only sadly.