Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 631

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Amazing all around

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I hate how big obnoxious the subtitles are on HBO Max

trevorshmevor and RyanPm40 like this.
  3. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

The HBO max app has been sucking shit for me lately.

4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It’s always been horrible

5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

if you wanna know about an app worst than hbo max just look at crunchyroll the anime app

its sooo bad

Contender and trevorshmevor like this.
  6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Crunchyroll works perfectly on my Roku TV, much better than Funimation or VRV....or HBO

7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

It’s probably because I use the Xbox and that one consistently logs you out and it’s annoying lol

8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I think different apps are shittier on different platforms, but I've used HBO Max on 3 separate devices and it's sucked on every one of them

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. HBO has never been anything less than seamless for me, but yeah Crunchyroll is butt

Garrett and Contender like this.
  10. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Started Hacks, pretty funny

11. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

HBO max app just started sucking for me this last week.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

HBO Max works fine on my Apple TV, but slow as hell on my Roku and I hate how huge the captions are on mobile. Oh and I was watching an episode of Friends the other day, and the "Next Episode" button came on 5 minutes early and wouldn't go away on my phone

13. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Max goes through windows where it crashes repeatedly on my Roku. It’s annoying but for the selection of what they have, I can live with it

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Do HBO's captions reset between episodes on Apple TV for anyone else? Half the time they turn off completely, and then the other half of the time, they switch to Portuguese haha

15. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

It's always been fine on my Firestick.

16. do you ever find that the volume level is either too low or too high?

17. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Disney + has been screwy for me lately.

18. Garrett

Not that I can recall, no. I run my firestick through a blu-ray/surround system hub hdmi port so it usually sounds pretty good.

19. I have found this weird thing with HBO Max on my fire stick where the difference between volume settings 6 and 7 on my tv are like extreme. But I don't ever have the same problem with Hulu or Netflix.

20. Garrett

Huh, that's strange. I notice that for some apps I use "15" and for others I use "20" but I haven't assigned which to which. I float between Netflix, Hulu, HBO, and Disney, so maybe it's the same as yours.

21. Idk what device you're using it on, but I'm able to adjust a bunch of different caption settings on my app. I hate large subtitles too, so I set mine to the smallest font size.

22. airik625

I’m using it on a fire stick. Can’t seem to find an adjustment setting though. But now that I know it can be done, I’m gonna look it into it.

23. airik625

I didn't realize all the closed caption settings. Just did away with the black box behind the captions and changed the color to neon green so they are easier to read, plus reduced the size. So much better.

Joe likes this.
  24. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Binged Dave over the weekend. I love this show, sad I slept on it for so long.

bradsonemanband likes this.