Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 570

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Watched Possessor last night. My god, that movie was a ride. I wanna watch it again

Cameron, riotspray, Henry and 6 others like this.
  2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Is there a good streaming service for international movies?

3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

C R I T E R I O N.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

And Mubi.

5. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Criterion and TCM are legit lifelines. As every other service fights to strip down to just original branded content and pretends nothing before 1980 ever existed, they really give you the breadth and depth of what movies can be and have been.

Kingjohn_654, riotspray and Nathan like this.
  6. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

HBO Max is the only one outside of Criterion/Mubi that has much of a film library but it’s contemporary foreign stuff isn’t as expansive

Kingjohn_654 and Fronnyfron like this.
  7. Just noticed HBO Max has Secretary now, in case you were looking for a better representation of kink than 50 Shades

8. cshadows2887

I will say if you have Prime they have an amazingly wide/huge selection that does have good variety but they have such a horrible interface for finding and browsing that you never have any idea of half of what they have.

9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Umm, yea, I mean from current/modern times by the way

10. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah the UI or prime is disgusting but they have some decent stuff if you are willing to dig

RyanPm40 and cshadows2887 like this.
  11. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

So I can get the Showtime app for $1 for 12 months (or a $1 a month for 12 months either way a good deal) and I should probably do it but I barely watch Netflix or Prime as is so it would still feel like a waste. I’ll have to research what Showtime has.

12. cshadows2887

I have a buddy who’s watched like 100 Indian films on there this year alone. And you’d never know that shit was there if you browsed

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  13. Victor Eremita Mar 6, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 7, 2021)
    Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

What was the consensus on Too Old to Die Young? I’m pretty far into it now and it started out interesting even though there’s only maybe 1 likable character but that seemed to be besides the point. These later episodes though seem to just one up each other on shock value and I’m starting to not get much out of this. Is it worth finishing?

14. Jusscali

I feel like paramount is going to suffer a similar fate

15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

i signed up for a trial of CBS All Access/Paramount to watch Detroiters and forgot to cancel in time, so I have it for at least another month. Anything on there I should absolutely check out?

16. Jusscali

Becky premiers on showtime tonight so dooooo it lol

17. Jusscali

Keep pushing this off ugh

18. cshadows2887

Paramount has an option to AZ list all their movies and shows, but their offerings are much smaller so far. As they get more, maybe they’ll stop.

19. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I’ve heard Yellowstone is good but haven’t watched it.

Brother Beck and Jusscali like this.
  20. Jusscali

I’ve heard great stuff about Yellowstone as well.

Brother Beck likes this.
  21. Jusscali

Struggling so hard to finish sense8 season two but I just can’t quit things.

irthesteve likes this.
  22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah... I couldn't do it, just so dense and complicated

23. Jusscali

I just feel like it spins it’s wheels with no real purpose. It’ll introduce a neat little idea and then it goes completely underdeveloped or gets lost in the shuffle. I’m just passively watching random shit happen with Jonas sort of giving a hint of a true story? Lol

24. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

It's super bonkers and stylish, plus the leads do such an amazing job. Highly recommend it

25. I love Sense8 so much (but I'm trans so I'm maybe just a little bit biased). I think it's more of a feeling than a story.

Contender, irthesteve and Mary V like this.