Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 539

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Nah

2. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I never watched Community because my understanding was that most of the jokes were heavily set up based on super recent pop culture and I’d be in the dark for 99% of the jokes lol. Is that true?

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Holy shit devs is great. I’m three eps in. Never heard of it until this thread.

flask, OotyPa, phaynes12 and 3 others like this.
  4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

There are a ton of pop culture jokes but I don't get 90% of the references and still find it to be hilarious. I wouldn't say super recent, though, plenty of old films

There's an entire episode about chicken fingers that pays homage to Good Fellas lol. Even if you don't know the movie, the absurdity of the episode makes up for it

chewbacca110 and marsupial jones like this.
  5. RyanPm40

Enjoy! It was super frustrating waiting for a new episode each week. Jealous you get to binge it!

Serenity Now likes this.
  6. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Just finished my Community rewatch, having not seen the later seasons since they aired. I was surprised at how good seasons 5 and 6 were. 4 is still bad

Serh and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. RyanPm40

Yep, no amount of rewatches will ever get me into that season. Freaky Friday and Halloween were probably the only decent ones? Jim Rash wrote the Freaky Friday one

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It's interesting, and at the top of my head right now, but I started S4 last night for the second time. The Hunger Games episode shows a lot about what is "off" with the show. There are a TON of funny lines and quips, I laughed out loud multiple times, but despite it still being funny it's not quite.... right. Abed's "Abed TV" storyline is based in the character that he is, but not quite... right, its not quite the Abed that we know and love. Pierce spending the whole episode trying to think up an obvious "gay" joke is kinda funny at first, but gets drawn out way too long.... I do chalk a lot of this up to the writing staff being similar, so the humor is still there, but Harmon isn't around to wrangle it all together and make it work.

Nyquist likes this.
  9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I’m watching the animated Jurassic World show and it’s actually amusing. I’ve only done two episodes but I think I can get into it.

They need to make more movies into kid friendly shows.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  10. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

What episode is deleted from Netflix? I only just watched community for the first time last year, but completed the run

11. Haven’t seen the show myself, but I know the episode was deleted/edited for depicting blackface if that helps narrow anything down

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

It’s Advanced Dungeon and Dragons because of Chang’s blackface

Serenity Now and RyanPm40 like this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

14. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

It’s not technically blackface, for whatever one may feel that distinction is worth. Chang dresses as a dark elf for a dungeons and dragons game and uses all-over body paint that is literally black, and Shirley’s character comments on the racial insensitivity of it.

Serenity Now likes this.
  15. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I’m super late to the party but Servant is wicked good.

16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

lfg

17. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Fate: The Winx Saga is exactly my brand of trash thank you Netflix even if you didn’t renew the order

coleslawed and Colby Searcy like this.
  18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

One Night in Miami was great.

Zilla likes this.
  19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Ugh I forgot they took that Community episode down, literally a top three episode of the show

This is why I like DVDs lol

RyanPm40 and irthesteve like this.
  20. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

What season is that episode in?

21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

S2E14

imthesheriff likes this.
  22. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Thank you Steven.

irthesteve likes this.
  23. Devs was really great. Going to finish another life since I started it and feel obligated to finish lol. Then I'll jump into another rec from this thread.

irthesteve, flask, RyanPm40 and 2 others like this.
  24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

The Vast of Night was so captivating. It felt like watching a campfire story. I'm struggling to fully describe it. It does a masterful job at building tension through these long stories and then it releases that tension, not with jump scares or laughs, but with wonder and curiosity. I loved it.

25. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Kajillionaire was enjoyable but I don’t know if I understand it. Weird but fun movie tho.

Zilla and bradsonemanband like this.