Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 534

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

ohhhh just read the sentence about it, I’m in to watching this this weekend

2. Oh yeah that’s a good one too. Unfortunately the other ones I wanna recommend in this genre were directed by a real ass hole.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  3. manoverboard365

Trusted

Your comparison to Coherence and Prime's one sentence synopsis on this has me very intrigued. Will watch it this week!

Victor Eremita likes this.
  4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Had a nostalgic weekend watching Scream 2-4 and all of the canonical American Pie’s this weekend.

5. Are American Wedding and American Reunion worth watching again? I've seen them both only once and can hardly remember them haha.

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

7. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

They just shit out new content constantly.

8. chewbacca110

Wedding is terrible because they didn’t invite Chris Klein, Mena Suvari, Tara Reid, Natasha Lyons and made Stifler (a character that works better in smaller doses) a major part of the plot. Only thing worth watching is the cold open.

Reunion is middling but it tackles real life 30 something issues pretty well for a sex comedy.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I'd say the whole American Pie franchise has not aged well, particularly the first one.

10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'd say 95% of teen sex comedies don't age well

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

wait, watching a girl undress on a spycam is... not ok?!?!@!?@?!@

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

See: Revenge of the Nerds; Porky's

13. chewbacca110

Easily the most problematic part of the series.

Take Stifler out of the movies and they’d hold up better in hindsight. He is toxic male culture incarnate.

14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I feel like if someone wanted to sum up how much gay panic was in movies in the 2000s, all you'd have to do is show them "American Pie 2" and "American Wedding."

Colby Searcy and chewbacca110 like this.
  15. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

you mentioned coherence so I'm in.

16. OotyPa

fall away

Started Six Feet Under tonight

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Big fan of the show, enjoy

18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Despite having a terrible title, The Forty Year Old Version was quite good.

Zilla, trevorshmevor and Fronnyfron like this.
  19. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Just watched the Beastie Boys doc on Apple+. A huge BB fan, so I liked it a lot. My only complaint was the teleprompters. I feel like they just removed the authenticity from their story.

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

Watched Prom last night. Was pleasantly surprised by it, considering how many negative reactions I heard.

21. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

watched three identical strangers last night. what a heartbreaking doc

22. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

We watched that last week. It was good but I knew of the study so it wasn’t as shocking to me.

23. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Not sure where to post this, and I know and respect that opinions on YouTube critics are varied to say the very least, but I saw this yesterday and was moved by it. Chris Stuckmann did an interview with another channel, Double Toasted, wherein he revealed that he is an ex-Jehovah’s Witness member who was “marked” about a decade ago by the community for watching rated R movies and posting about them online. The elders in his congregation threatened him into silence at the time and he subsequently removed his original channel. Stuckmann posted a video of his own about growing up in the community and being disfellowshipped, which includes the video he’d posted (before closing his first channel) about needing to walk away from reviewing movies because it would be too dangerous for members of his family if he continued. It’s honestly pretty heartbreaking to watch regardless of any pre-existing personal feelings anyone may have. He says in the video that he’ll likely be labeled an “Apostate” by the Jehovah’s Witnesses now for speaking out and referring to them as a cult, which means his family will excommunicate him. Apparently he has an older sister who left the church when he was a little kid and he had been ordered not to see her his entire life. Says they didn’t speak for seventeen years until he himself left as well. I was pretty shocked. Takes a lot of guts.

Double Toasted interview (Jehovah’s Witness stuff starts around 48:00 in):

Stuckmann’s post about it:

mattav152 and Mary V like this.
  24. Serh Jan 14, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 14, 2021)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i almost posted that in the entertainment chat thread(i believe that’s a bit more appropriate). huge respect to stuckmann for his transparency on the matter. also, it kinda has a way of making me look at certain things he said and done a little differently that i previously might’ve seen as rather peculiar to put it generously

i hope his life gets that much easier after all he’s endured

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum