Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 532

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

I finished that over the weekend. It was pretty good. Contained story in 10 short 20 minute episodes. Think they did a good job showing the consequences of this kind of abuse, and didnt glorify a teen boy having an affair with his teacher.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  2. trevorshmevor Jan 7, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2022)
    If you wanted to watch kinda fresh again then don’t read this, but it was Madison being mad at Jules for trying to warn her about the guy she was dating bc he was cheating on her. And the other was Jules potentially getting back with ex bf, which I never was made to feel even remotely possible haha. But yes hopefully season 2 comes sooner rather than later!!

manoverboard365 likes this.
  3. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

the greatest joke of all time is most of the epl games over the holiday season were still on NBC or NBCSC. i know because I got Peacock just before the series of games only to find this out. duped!

4. I could see why someone might not be into A Teacher at first glance. Without knowing just how short those episodes are, I bet it would look pretty slow. Also the subject matter feels like it teeters a very thin line for a few episodes. By no means a perfect show but it had a ton of super powerful moments and also ended as such

5. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ah yes it's all coming back to me now! Still will probably do a rewatch soon, it feels like an eternity since I first watched.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. manoverboard365

Trusted

Agreed. The first few episodes I was like ehhh why do I feel like the show wants us to route for them? But by the middle of the season the tone shifts, and the ending really nails it on the head.

riotspray and trevorshmevor like this.
  7. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

It wasn’t this way at the start of the season. People were VERY loud about it. The Liverpool v City game was on Peacock which was a bit odd.

8. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I didn't watch the series til after that stuff, and it suffered for it for me. Loved Master Of None but there's no way I would watch any more of that character now

9. I know it's not technically a streaming service, but the Sundance Film Festival is all online this year and tickets went on sale today. If you get a single full day pass, it's basically a 24 hour streaming service, ha. Lots of good stuff this year, it looks like.

popdisaster00 and riotspray like this.
  10. So Nick Cage definitely dyed his beard in the history of swear words right

11. Definitely! And speaking of Nic Cage, has anyone seen what he said about his new Sundance movie, Prisoners of the Ghostland:

“I’m thrilled about it! It’s unlike anything I’ve ever read before. It might be the wildest movie I’ve ever made, and that’s saying something. It’s out there. I wear a skintight black leather jumpsuit with grenades attached to different body parts, and if I don’t rescue the governor’s daughter from this state line where they’re all ghosts and bring her back they’re gonna blow me up. It’s just crazy. It’s way out there.”

Hell. Yes. Haha

12. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

We just watched coherence. It was awesome.

13. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

it might seriously work its way in to my top 10 favorites list. Which, tbh, isn’t some super extravagant list that’s impossible for a movie to crack, but it just did everything right imo and was everything I adore about entertainment. I’ve wanted to watch it every day since I first watched it this weekend but don’t wanna overdo it and burn out on it

Jason Tate and imthesheriff like this.
  14. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

It was so well done for what was obviously a small budget.

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. trevorshmevor Jan 7, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 9, 2021)
    All the talk about Coherence in here has me intrigued! Never heard of that one. Watched a bit of the trailer to see if it felt like it’d be in my ballpark — kinda reminded me of Triangle or something. I’m in, will fire it up tomorrow!

imthesheriff likes this.
  16. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Nic Cage and Sion Sono is a match made in heaven.

riotspray and bradsonemanband like this.
  17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Just watched Three Identical Strangers.... holy shit

Garrett, johnnyferris, Zilla and 5 others like this.
  18. It blows up so much harder than you think it’s going to

Zilla, bradsonemanband and irthesteve like this.
  19. Absolutely love that documentary film

20. irthesteve

I tried going in knowing as little as possible, on the rec of a friend, and boy am I glad I went in mostly blind

21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Three Identical Strangers was a MoviePass movie for me.... ah the times.

Garrett, johnnyferris, Zilla and 2 others like this.
  22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Great movie

23. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Same.

johnnyferris and riotspray like this.
  24. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Coherence was tight. So is the song for the title credits.

imthesheriff likes this.
  25. irthesteve

Joe likes this.