Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 511

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

Blasting through Halt and Catch Fire. I remember watching a couple episodes when it was first airing but never kept up on it. It's pretty awesome, almost finished season two. I never hear anybody talk about this show

2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The only people I see talk about it is people on here. I finally started to get past the first 3 eps, but stopped again. I’m sure it gets good, but there’s just too many good shows I needed to catch up on. Justified, Deadwood, Hannibal etc.

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It’s a shame the first season is so mediocre, because it gets sooooo good. Season 2 is very solid but 3 and 4 are perfect

4. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

I have enjoyed every episode immensely so far. Excited to see where the last two seasons take these characters

5. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I thought the first season was mostly alright but couldn't get through the second season. I don't think I even made it through the first episode. Just not in the mood to watch something beating me over the head with cynicism and corruption given the current state of the world but I do think it's well acted and such. Was really looking forward to Aya Cash.

Nathan likes this.
  6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Aya Cash is great in it. I love that show, I think its really fun.

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Halt gets better each season

8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I was excited for The Holiday Movies That Made Us on Netflix and it's only 2 damn episodes lol

trevorshmevor likes this.
  9. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

The home alone one from last year was pretty good.

10. Bluedm

*Shows off Google Knowledge Panel*

Netflix doesn't have a free trial anymore, but they do have a page where you can watch a couple of their Netflix originals for free here: https://www.netflix.com/watch-free

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Those Who Can't just got added to HBO Max, highly recommended (and excited to finally watch S3)

riotspray likes this.
  12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just wrapped up s5 of Justified. Man so excited to start the final season. They’ve set it up to be pretty good I can tell.

Victor Eremita, mike1885 and spiffa0 like this.
  13. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Watched a documentary on Netflix called “Tread” about a guy in Colorado who turned a bulldozer into a tank and demolished his small town because he felt the city council / neighbors were against him.

Incident happened in 2004, so I was... 16 and for some reason I very much remember images of that bulldozer destroying buildings. One of those weird things that stays with you I guess.

Anyway, a very strange singular event to have a 90 minute documentary on, and was kind of sad in a way when you see the story from the other perspective, but a quick watch for those who love documentaries.

also has one of the most baffling title cards I’ve ever seen outside of a video game and for a documentary no less

Zilla, Cameron, Brent and 2 others like this.
  14. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Tread was nuts

Brent likes this.
  15. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

This sounds wild af

16. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Tread was good, wife wasn't too keen on how slow it built up.

Started watching How To Fix A Drug Scandal on Netflix last night... Four 1HR Episodes. So good so far just with the first episode.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. RyanPm40

Really enjoyed the Elf episode of The Holiday Movies That Made Us. It's honestly incredible this movie was ever made given the history of it

Now I want to watch Elf and Rudolph

18. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Okay so Aunty Donna's isn't not absolutely hilarious at times.... but I really really can't watch more than an episode at a time without having a headache. Its definitely on the same level of Tim and Eric in terms of over the top silliness and its a lot

riotspray likes this.
  19. I just finished this too! It was great. I know these documentary style series they do for all these movies/toys/video games are probably super time consuming to make but man I wish we had more of them. They’re always so fun

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Elf is definitely better than it should've been for sure. It's now an annual Christmas time classic for me.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. RyanPm40

Considering their Christmas films were a huge part of my childhood, I feel so dumb for not catching all the different Rankin/Bass references in Elf lol

theagentcoma likes this.
  22. RyanPm40

For real, I love these and wish there were more! I also really enjoyed the Power Rangers episode of Toys That Made Us, and idk if it's made by the same people, but the Nintendo episode of High Score was fun to watch too.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  23. domotime2

Watched episode 1 of we are the champions.... about cheese roll chasers in the uk... and I teared. It was beautiful.

Serenity Now and RyanPm40 like this.
  24. RyanPm40

We couldn't fucking believe that woman signed up again after what happened to her shoulder lol. Really fun episode though!

The pepper episode was awesome.

domotime2 likes this.
  25. domotime2

Just watched that too.

Its such a well made mini docu series. Very beautifully made...makes you feel great about humanity for once. Just....just nice

Serenity Now and RyanPm40 like this.