Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.
It still makes me so mad thinking about how NBC completely fucked him. His goodbye speech from the Tonight Show was perfect.
I still watch that speech from time to time.
I also remember his goodbye speech from Late Night being very good, but can't find it anywhere.
Actually, it's very easy to find now, haha. All over YouTube. I swear a few years ago I looked for it and couldn't find it anywhere.
Apple TV+ has an increasingly great lineup. “Ted Lasso,” “Home Before Dark,” “Dickinson” “Mythic Quest.” Movies like “Wolfwalkers” “Boys State,” the Beasties documentary. I know there are a lot of streaming services, but damn, it’s $5/month. That’s like a rental in the 90s.
Wasn’t asking you to change my mind I was just curious about which skits you liked so I could see them. Sounds kinda similar to Always Sunny, in that it starts as something mundane and then by the end of the scene they are all screaming at each other
I watched 2 episodes of Aunty Donna. I loved about 25% and absolutely hated the other 75%.
World Chess Champion Garry Kasparov on What The Queen’s Gambit Gets Right
Good article for other Queens Gambit fans.
Kinda felt the same way but think each episode has been better than the last. Just finished the third one and enjoyed it quite a bit.
Anybody try the HBO MAX app for Fire TV yet?
RE: Conan, he's also got two great commencement speeches out there on YouTube that I've watched a few times.
I don't really listen to podcasts but my buddy LOVES Conan's podcast and he usually has good taste
I just finished the episode of Mythic Quest with Jake Johnson and Cristin Milioti. Not sure what that episode means for the plot of the series, but man I love both of them so much. I hope they do other projects together in the future.
I would be very into that episode being a series tbh
At the lack of sounding sappy Conan is literally like a hero of mine. Really sad he's leaving late night but I'm glad it's on his own terms, and a variety show sounds perfect for him. His podcast is amazing too
Sorry I basically posted the same thing here and the comedy thread lol
I feel like Conan has had one foot out of the door since he chopped his show down to a half-hour. I think he’s leaving at the right time, since talk shows are less relevant than ever.
A variety show that requires less daily work from him should be great. He can do remotes and skits without all the rigamarole talk shows require that he doesn’t like. Glad he’s making the leap.
i feel like a lot of his show was based on the energy between him and max/jimmy and the music bits as well. just not the same, yeah. would be cool if they were able to bring that back but i doubt it.
Yeah I’ve always liked Conan and his style of comedy but I can’t stand the format and focus on celebrity culture of those late shows so Im happy to see he’s doing something different.
His remotes were always the funniest so if the variety show let’s him do more of that I’m in. I loved watching him in college but haven’t watched any of the late night shows in years.
A Teacher on Hulu has been quite good so far
David Fincher on 'Mindhunter' Ending on Netflix - Variety
I wanted to watch this but am confused...is it just on Hulu FX but not on actual FX?
I loved Conan way back when.... Im sure hes still good... He seemed cutting edge, playing to the college crowd way back.
Bummer. I would love them to finish it right and do a third & final season. If they did what he mentions, and did it right, I would easily throw this show up with the first season of True Detective as a top tier crime drama.
I don't have cable so I've never watched much of his TBS show, but I highly recommend his podcast. It very consistently has me laughing my ass off. He's brought up multiple times on it that he enjoys the podcast conversations more than the Late Night ones because it's a longer convo and he's only talking to people he really likes and admires. And his co-hosts are great as well.
Plus, hearing him read ads is hilarious.