Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 506

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

beautiful, thanks

2. manoverboard365

Trusted

It still makes me so mad thinking about how NBC completely fucked him. His goodbye speech from the Tonight Show was perfect.

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I still watch that speech from time to time.

I also remember his goodbye speech from Late Night being very good, but can't find it anywhere.

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Actually, it's very easy to find now, haha. All over YouTube. I swear a few years ago I looked for it and couldn't find it anywhere.

5. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Apple TV+ has an increasingly great lineup. “Ted Lasso,” “Home Before Dark,” “Dickinson” “Mythic Quest.” Movies like “Wolfwalkers” “Boys State,” the Beasties documentary. I know there are a lot of streaming services, but damn, it’s $5/month. That’s like a rental in the 90s.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Wasn’t asking you to change my mind I was just curious about which skits you liked so I could see them. Sounds kinda similar to Always Sunny, in that it starts as something mundane and then by the end of the scene they are all screaming at each other

7. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I watched 2 episodes of Aunty Donna. I loved about 25% and absolutely hated the other 75%.

8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Kinda felt the same way but think each episode has been better than the last. Just finished the third one and enjoyed it quite a bit.

imthesheriff likes this.
  9. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Anybody try the HBO MAX app for Fire TV yet?

10. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

RE: Conan, he's also got two great commencement speeches out there on YouTube that I've watched a few times.

11. irthesteve

I don't really listen to podcasts but my buddy LOVES Conan's podcast and he usually has good taste

bradsonemanband likes this.
  12. manoverboard365

Trusted

I just finished the episode of Mythic Quest with Jake Johnson and Cristin Milioti. Not sure what that episode means for the plot of the series, but man I love both of them so much. I hope they do other projects together in the future.

phaynes12 likes this.
  13. irthesteve

I would be very into that episode being a series tbh

coleslawed likes this.
  14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

At the lack of sounding sappy Conan is literally like a hero of mine. Really sad he's leaving late night but I'm glad it's on his own terms, and a variety show sounds perfect for him. His podcast is amazing too

Sorry I basically posted the same thing here and the comedy thread lol

15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I feel like Conan has had one foot out of the door since he chopped his show down to a half-hour. I think he’s leaving at the right time, since talk shows are less relevant than ever.

A variety show that requires less daily work from him should be great. He can do remotes and skits without all the rigamarole talk shows require that he doesn’t like. Glad he’s making the leap.

16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i feel like a lot of his show was based on the energy between him and max/jimmy and the music bits as well. just not the same, yeah. would be cool if they were able to bring that back but i doubt it.

trevorshmevor and Zilla like this.
  17. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Yeah I’ve always liked Conan and his style of comedy but I can’t stand the format and focus on celebrity culture of those late shows so Im happy to see he’s doing something different.

trevorshmevor and Philll like this.
  18. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

His remotes were always the funniest so if the variety show let’s him do more of that I’m in. I loved watching him in college but haven’t watched any of the late night shows in years.

Serenity Now likes this.
  19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

A Teacher on Hulu has been quite good so far

manoverboard365 likes this.
  20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Cameron likes this.
  21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I wanted to watch this but am confused...is it just on Hulu FX but not on actual FX?

22. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I loved Conan way back when.... Im sure hes still good... He seemed cutting edge, playing to the college crowd way back.

23. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I don't have cable so I've never watched much of his TBS show, but I highly recommend his podcast. It very consistently has me laughing my ass off. He's brought up multiple times on it that he enjoys the podcast conversations more than the Late Night ones because it's a longer convo and he's only talking to people he really likes and admires. And his co-hosts are great as well.

Plus, hearing him read ads is hilarious.

Zilla, trevorshmevor and Serenity Now like this.