Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 504

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

That showed up on my suggested yesterday. The preview looked funny haha. Idr what it was called either though

2. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

that's probably Aunty Donna's new show. they've been a steady name over here in the Aus circuit for a few years now

they are extremely hit-or-miss, but their good sketches are really good

3. Zach

Trusted Supporter

The only funny part of the first episode was when the everything is a drum song stopped. Before that thirty seconds and everything after was utter garbage

4. Zach

Trusted Supporter

If you could point me in the direction of their actually funny sketches, I’d appreciate it. When it slowed down in that song I could see they had the skill to do something different but the rest was so underwhelming I don’t really have any desire to watch every minute of every episode lol

5. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I mean... it sounds like you just don't like them at all, and I'm not really invested enough in this to change your mind lol. for me and my friends they were always just some dumb fun after a long uni day

but if you want the Whole Thing I feel like their best comedy is mostly rooted in taking a uniquely Australian thing and just ramping it up and up until it's basically surreal. so even their best sketches likely wouldn't translate overseas

6. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

How does everyone have access to Apple TV to watch Ted lasso? I’m like mind blown. I don’t know a single person IRL but apparently everyone here has watched it

theagentcoma, OotyPa and Colby Searcy like this.
  7. I have access to my friends plex account and he downloads everything and puts it on there lol

8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I just downloaded it.

9. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I know you get 1 year free of you purchase a new iPhone/iPad etc. Possibly how?

coleslawed and imthesheriff like this.
  10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Plex

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah I got a free year of Apple TV when I got a new phone last year.

12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the apple tv confusion (not singling @alina out bc it pops up a lot) is always odd to me. like, it isn’t hard to click a button. most people get a new phone and it’s free with that. it’s very “available”

Zilla likes this.
  13. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Not everyone has iPhones though.

14. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

mr money bags over here on his tower of new iphones

15. phaynes12

cancel me who gives a shit

coleslawed, Zilla and Matt like this.
  16. phaynes12

do you have the internet? not having an iphone just makes it so you have to click two buttons instead of one haha

17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I just didnt know there were any shows on Apple+ that people liked besides Ted Lasso. Only other one I’ve heard remotely any buzz about is the Morning Show and most of yall hated that, right?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. phaynes12

oh, servant is definitely hyped, as is mythic quest

i’m hearing good things too about the right stuff but not from everyday people, sure

19. I got a new iPhone a couple months ago and my wife got a new Macbook a few weeks ago, but we still are just torrenting whatever Apple+ stuff we want to watch and not actually getting the service.

Ted Lasso, Servant, Central Park, Home Before Dark, and Mythic Quest are all great.

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

21. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Apple +, Disney +, Netflix, Peacock...I know these names better than I know my own GRANDMA'S name

22. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Just to add, I just bought an iPhone as well, which is why I have Apple+.

After my year runs out, can you add on a monthly basis? Will re-up anytime a new Lasso season drops.

23. 333 GANG

ACAB

Hold on, why? Wouldn’t it be much easier for one to you to just use your free year and stream everything instead? lol

24. bradsonemanband Nov 17, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 17, 2020)
    Haha yes, but our tv doesn’t have an Apple app.