Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 431

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Yup! If you want, make an account (it’s free) and I’ll invite you to mine and you can check it out. It’s an awesome service.

Jason Tate, riotspray and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

It’s like Netflix or Hulu - streaming service for TV shows and movies. Totally free. Like legit free, don’t even have to make an account just download the app to phone, iPad, TV and go. I think Fox bought it or put money into it which isn’t great but whatever. I say that because I only see commercials for it on Fox and it has a lot of Fox shows like Hell’s Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, etc.

Has a lot of stuff to choose from but a lot of it I’ve legit never heard of. But I watched some eps of Hoarders on it the other day along with The Big Short. Not sure how often it gets new stuff or whatnot.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

If people are handing out invites to their plex accounts I would gladly take one please.

4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

It basically turns your computer into a server and allows you to view your media on any devices from anywhere. But you can also be invited and view media from other people's servers.

If you have a large harddrive with lots of your own media, or you can find someone (or multiple people) willing to share with you, the potential is endless.

5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'd be willing to share my Plex account if my computer/server could handle it. My parents have been using it without many issues, but I think I need to upgrade to a NAS or something before I can get very many people on it at once.

6. Yeah I’m not sure what how many users my computer would be able to handle. I share my account with 5 friends but only up to 2 of us are ever on all at the same time I think. I don’t really know how all this server talk works. Haha.

RyanPm40 and riotspray like this.
  7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

are you running yours from your computer? are you mostly just watching locally or do you have other people watching remotely? how's it been going?

I'm trying to decide if I need to upgrade, and if so, in what ways? I'm pretty new to Plex, but it's likely going to be the way I handle all of my content for the foreseeable future

edit: you answered most of this while I was typing it.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. Haha nice.

Yeah, it seems to all work well on my end. None of my friends have mentioned having any issues.

riotspray likes this.
  9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Where was all this info about sharing libraries when I was sad that Plex would be impossible for me weeks ago!! I had no idea you could load someone else’s without being logged into their account.

10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I know Reddit sucks, but look at The place for Plex shares and there are sometimes people that will share their libraries. That's how I got started originally was just by asking.

edit: beware... there are some people that are selling subscriptions to their servers

RyanPm40 and bradsonemanband like this.
  11. Of course there are. :eyeroll:

riotspray and bradsonemanband like this.
  12. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

MFW I pay a subscription for Jason's site to support him but he hates when people charge subscriptions to access their servers.

:-O

13. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Thanks a lot! I'll take a look into it after work and shoot you a message :-p. I've definitely been very curious, I've seen Plex mentioned by a lot of people but never got around to reading up on it

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Started Dave due to all you crazies in here and... it's really not that good haha. It's basically exactly what I would expect from Lil Dicky's tv show, mostly stupid with moments of heart. I only have like, 3-4 episodes left so I'm gonna finish it of course, but this thread definitely put it on a higher pedestal to trick me into watching haha

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I love Dave. That show is amazing.

Serenity Now and riotspray like this.
  16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I hate lil dicky but Dave is pretty good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Serenity Now, riotspray and Whalejaw like this.
  17. I was a little cooler on Dave than most here if I remember, but I enjoyed it.

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

His tweets make me forget about Trumps

Serh likes this.
  20. from: skulls

Regular

JG Quintels new show is finally out via HBO Max. Watched 3 episodes and it's Regular Show level good.

Shakriel, riotspray and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. RyanPm40

Fuck yeah, had no idea this was today. Definitely watching tonight

riotspray likes this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Damn, that looks like it could be GREAT. Definitely interested

24. RyanPm40

Just finished the first episode of Close Enough and it's definitely great so far. Any fan of Regular Show will be pleased

Coming from Solar Opposites and Disenchanted, it's refreshing to have a creator of one of your favorite cartoons put out something new that doesn't feel "less than" its predecessor

Contender, Shakriel and riotspray like this.
  25. riotspray Jul 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 10, 2020)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

If you still have 4 episodes left, you might not have seen the best the show has to offer yet. The 2-3 best episodes were in the back half of the season.

It's not prestige TV, but it's WAY better than anyone would have ever expected from a Lil Dicky show.

Crazies? psshh

Dirty Sanchez and irthesteve like this.