Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 430

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Hulu's LiveTV is competing with Cable TV, not their $5.99 streaming package. That's basically just a way to gather your watching data and sell it.

2. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Me: silently loving Apple TV.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Oh I love my Apple TV otherwise, but Hulu is just a mess lol. I don't have any complaints about any other Apple TV apps, other than Youtube being extremely intermittent on whether or not you can cast to it from a phone

uuu likes this.
  4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Live tv doesn't have enough appeal to me to justify $40+ a month. The only thing I'd use that for is sports, and for that you have to upgrade to an even pricier tier

riotspray and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol, this reads as if their streaming service isn’t real or important or what most people use them for and is just a scam or something. The vast majority of Hulu subscribers only use it for streaming like Netflix or Prime without having a live subscription.

6. RyanPm40

Yeah that's wild, I don't know a single person with Hulu Live but plenty that have regular Hulu

Colby Searcy and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  7. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

...it isnt important to them. It's not at all their main focus. It's why it gets packaged with everything. Sprint, Spotify, Disney+, etc.

8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i mean, it is *partially* important to them haha. fx on hulu wouldn’t be a thing if they didn’t care. they wouldn’t have hired new content officers if they didn’t care about their original programming. and they certainly wouldn’t spend money on for your consideration stuff

9. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I mean partially. Yeah. It's just not their main focus.

10. RyanPm40

Oh wow yeah, my Xfinity account got Peacock Premium for free!

But there are still ads even though it's Premium. Weird. It's only one 30 second ad in the middle of the episode for the random episode of AP Bio I grabbed. Not sure if other shows have more ads

This UI is abysmal and super slow. But pretty cool to have when it gets The Office and P&R pulled from other plarforms

uuu and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

In the neverending saga of streaming platforms making names and pricing incredibly confusing, Peacock Premium does NOT mean ad free by default. That’s the name they chose for either of the paid options, so you can have Peacock Premium with ads or pay double the amount and get Peacock Premium without them. It’s pretty amazing, ha.

uuu and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Boom. Glad I could open your eyes bb.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. RyanPm40

Haha seriously, thanks a lot for that, never would have known. I literally didn't even have my Xfinity box plugged into the TV, that's how little I use cable lol.

Honestly, at only $4.99 a month to upgrade... That's a pretty solid monthly rate for ad-free considering Netflix costs me $16

14. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Im gonna do whatever peacock is gonna get me Premier league games.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. Okay, finished Crisis on Infinite Earths. the result is a pretty smart move, consolidating all of the Arrowverse into one Earth. Also a nice sendoff for Oliver. I'm probably not gonna catch up on everything I skipped or keep up with everything moving forward but I'm always down for a superhero crossover. Good dumb fun.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

And fuck yeah the return of Tom Welling and Erica Durance

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. RyanPm40

18. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I thought Jon Cryer as Lex was good too

19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Not technically but you can tap into other people's content and stream it. You don't have to have your own library. The content is infinite. Plus the features and interface are better than most other streaming services.

I know it doesn't fit the definition but for me it's all I ever need/use now.

20. Same. It’s a game changer. It’s pretty much all I use now.

Jason Tate and riotspray like this.
  21. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Tubi doesn’t have a great interface but for legit being a free app it works better than I’d ever expect

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Tubi has sooooooooooooo much trash. Good trash I mean, I love it

marsupial jones likes this.
  23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

And it somehow has some legitimate classics that aren’t anywhere else, it’s fantastic.

24. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Don't even know what Tubi is

OotyPa and I Am Mick like this.
  25. RyanPm40

I've never used Plex before, so I'm curious. I'm guessing that's an "invite-only" kinda thing to browse other libraries?

riotspray likes this.