Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 429

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Lol yeah looked up Peacock in the app store and only the NBC app came up, so I was surprised they wouldn't immediately have an app dedicated to it. Makes sense now

uuu likes this.
  2. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I wonder if I have like a neutered version of it? I'm going to try and find Parks & Rec on it when I'm home.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I'm catching up on old Survivor seasons (after watching this last one). The offline downloads only work 50% of the time which is frustrating. Wish the app was just a giant Viacom or whatever version with all MTV and VH1 content.

No it's because you have early access through Xfinity. I think they wanted to work out bugs before launching to the general public

uuu and RyanPm40 like this.
  4. RyanPm40

Oh I'm definitely going to have to check out my Xfinity later

Guessing it has unskippable ads?

5. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Cannot confirm nor deny that, sorry. I can figure it out later if you're interested.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

We watched the original Wicker Man last night

What a weird film. Cool seeing Christopher Lee tho

ChaseTx likes this.
  7. There are so many amazing shows on Prime that are under appreciated because of the horrible UI and no marketing.

RyanPm40 and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  8. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I mean MMM is on there and is the GOAT show.

9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Watched it for the first time a week or two ago, good stuff

theagentcoma likes this.
  10. ChaseTx

I wanna check out the Jordan Peele Twilight Zone but not gonna pay for CBS

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That blows my mind!! I’m glad you’ve seen it now!

And yeah, xfinity customers (of a certain level I think) get Peacock right now for free as almost a beta test I guess. My dad has it in his plan and has looked at it a bit. I’m hoping he gets an actual login once it goes live so I can use his account. Most of what they’re offering doesn’t interest me but I do want to check out Brave New World and The Capture.

It also makes me laugh to hear Hulu described as a cable replacement since simple UI and ability to find shows to watch is basically the one area where cable always excels and where Hulu fails entirely.

RyanPm40 and ChaseTx like this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I just finished the new season of The Twilight Zone a few nights ago, it was much stronger than Season 1

riotspray likes this.
  13. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Worked on a couple Peacock originals last month and they... weren’t bad? But not great either.

actually I take that back, one was bad

EASheartsVinyl and uuu like this.
  14. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Wasn't my job so I don't take offense, but in defense of them there, I'm not seeing how this:

[​IMG]

Is truly all that worse than these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Cable UI just sucks and until we get someone throwing it on its head, it's all going to suck.

Like the best one on there is the android tablet one lol.

Hulu's UI aint far off from where it needs to be.

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s not what Hulu looks like for me at ALL. I don’t subscribe to Hulu TV or whatever it’s called. Their app for Roku is completely different and almost unusable.

OotyPa, phaynes12 and supernovagirl like this.
  17. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

That first one is Hulu??
    Hulu doesn’t look anything like that for me

OotyPa and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  18. RyanPm40

I think they're showing Hulu Live, not actual on demand streaming

supernovagirl, uuu and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  19. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Yes, that's Hulu Live, which is their cable TV competitor.

Sorry, I should've clarified.

20. ChaseTx

I haven't had much trouble with Hulu's Roku or PlayStation apps. The only real complaint I have is with the list issue I mentioned

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah that’s not the same interface in any way. This is what mine looks like:
    5BB018C9-4F5A-41FA-91B5-1A7B9D059A98.jpeg

And it’s terrible. Especially trying to find movies, that’s basically impossible. And the keep watching always gets messed up and puts things into an order that doesn’t make sense/skips episodes/doesn’t show new episodes when they go live.

supernovagirl and phaynes12 like this.
  22. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Wow yeah this is awful. I use a firestick and have had absolutely zero issues with my interface (the one I posted)

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m glad you understand our pain now!! I think there are videos and articles showing exactly how bad it gets, lol.

supernovagirl and uuu like this.
  24. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Yeah that's fucking hot garbage I would not pay for that. Luckily I have a free Hulu account so I don't have to but yeesh.

RyanPm40 and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  25. RyanPm40

The Hulu app for Roku is way better than Apple TV's, I'll tell you that much.

Roku has a "Restart to the beginning" button. Apple TV does not and makes you manually scroll to the beginning of the video. Roku also remembers the last episode you watched on any device. Apple TV does not and only keeps a history of the last video watched *on that Apple TV* (I think a workaround is to force close Hulu before choosing anything)