Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 393

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Doomsday and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I was hoping to see some TV series on Disney+ that I'd really want to watch, but really can't find any that pique my interest other than The Mandalorian. Really cool to see 4K Marvel movies though, I might watch GOTG tonight.

Oh I am pretty stoked to see the 90s Spider-Man and Xmen cartoons up on here. That Spider-Man show pretty much made my childhood haha.

3. I only watch Boy Meets World on D+ haha

RyanPm40 and supernovagirl like this.
  4. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Gargoyles. Except it makes me mad they took off the narration on the intro.

coleslawed, Colby Searcy and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Had a fun rewatch of GOTG and discovered these Forky shorts that are so dumb but cracking me up so I call that a win lol

Brent likes this.
  6. OotyPa

fall away

My fiancee and I are watching Rectify. Her first time and my second. I'm enjoying it so much. We're almost midway through the second season, and it took her awhile to get into it. The first is an insanely slow burn. From the outside looking in, the events of the first few episodes are so everyday and ordinary--and in Daniel's mind, they're grandiose, beautiful, poetic, all-encompassing. My fiancee was expecting a murder mystery, but after she got over that it was something else, I think she's finding solace in the characters.

In a time when the world's trauma can seem irreversible, and new horrors are happening constantly, Daniel's slow and bumpy recovery reminds me that hope exists no matter what. His story and its circumstances are extremely different and unique, but there's something about the show that feels like a warm hug.

7. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

8. coleslawed Jun 1, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 1, 2020)
    coleslawed

Eat Pizza

so I signed up for HBO Now through appleTV. on my phone it redirected me to the HBOMax app once that launched. I can still watch HBO through appletv on apple devices, HBOMax exclusives get redirected to that app, but I use a Roku TV & Xfinity Flex which don’t have Max apps, ugh (I also may have accidentally signed up for standard HBO through Flex when I tried to log in on there).

update: one phone call, two xfinity apps, a few emails, and six tabs later, they cancelled HBO for me.

9. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Why'd you cancel/sign up to begin?

10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

was trying to see how I could stream on my TV and clicked on “Subscribe” on my Xfinity Flex thinking there’d be an option to log in with my existing account. Comcast/Xfinity worked out a deal with HBO, but apparently it’s only if you subscribe to HBO through them & it automatically billed me when I hit that button, so I had two separate subscriptions, only needed one & apple’s was (slightly) cheaper.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Gotcha, yeah that sounds like a hassle

12. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

The vast of night should have been 30 minutes long.

13. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Popping in to remind people that Spirited Away is the best movie of all time and I’m so happy it’s finally streaming on hbo max.

14. michael_gatto

Trusted

HBO max having the entire Ghibli catalogue is the best thing in the world. Hope everyone that hasn't seen them dives in

15. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Just watched Nausicaa last night, might do Mononoke tonight.

Shakriel and blast0rama like this.
  16. Mononoke is one of my all time favorites. Absolute masterpiece, and that argument can be made for several of Miyazaki's movies.

coleslawed and SpyKi like this.
  17. marissalg

Trusted

I started watching Avatar for the first time and it’s a delightful show.

coleslawed and SpyKi like this.
  18. OotyPa

fall away

Holy fuck had no idea Ghibli movies are on hbo max. Those are some of the best films literally ever made

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  19. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I watched Totoro for the first time on Friday, thought about it all day Saturday, then rewatched it on Sunday.

Mei running holding her corn because she thinks it will make her mom feel better is the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen in a movie

20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I’m going through Ghibli for the first time. Love Totoro and Kiki’s Delivery Service, not as big on Howl’s Moving Castle.

michael_gatto and VanMastaIteHab like this.
  21. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

gonna have to strongly disagree lol, gorgeously paced movie

22. michael_gatto

Trusted

That movie is one of the sweetest movies I've ever seen still to this day. Warms the heart. unless I guess if you read all of the weird theories about Totoro being the god of death and the girls dying of course

coleslawed likes this.
  23. I've only seen Spirited Away. Saw it for the first time in the theater for it's anniversary release a few months or so ago.

24. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I mean... I guess I’m not surprised theories like that exist... but nah that’s utter nonsense haha

25. michael_gatto

Trusted

I think the theory is kind of interesting, but I agree I think it's nonsense and choose to watch it the way I originally saw it haha