Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 392

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

We started Avatar: The Last Airbender on Netflix last night. I've heard good things. Very enjoyable so far.

SpyKi likes this.
  2. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Had no clue it was dropping today but season 2 of Ramy is up on Hulu. I really enjoyed season 1 overall and the ending was interesting to say the least, excited to see where it goes!

3. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

i started watching High Fidelity on Hulu and thought it's great so far.

i watched the movie religiously growing up so it was weird seeing the same dialogue but by a different actor (in a good way). i'm way too invested in it. Robyn is a flawed protagonist that I can relate with a lot (that's bad i know).

@The Lucky Moose i think you'd enjoy this

The Lucky Moose and imthesheriff like this.
  4. Been watching Mythic Quest. It's ok with some good laughs. It's definitely not an accurate portrayal of the industry, which would be a lot more boring so it makes sense to heighten it. Ep 5 was amazing like others have said.

phaynes12 likes this.
  5. marissalg

Trusted

Okay I finished reading Normal People and wow that was a rollercoaster of emotions. Gonna start the show now but not really sure what to expect. I don’t see this being that long of a book to be 12 episodes long.

riotspray and phaynes12 like this.
  6. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

just wait

marissalg and DrAlanGrant like this.
  7. OotyPa

fall away

So hyped for season 2. Mahershala ali can do no wrong

mattav152 likes this.
  8. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Finished Defending Jacob. Not sure how I felt about the last episode. Loved everything up until that. Kind of wish they didn’t stray from the books ending. Anyone here watch?

9. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Binge watched the entirety of Space Force last night and it was hilarious. I have no idea how Netflix paid for such an amazing cast of big names, and I'm going to be so impatient waiting for the next season (assuming it's picked back up)

I will say the first two eps were a bit slow and awkward to me (I was nervous that the show would be a dud at first), but it's totally worth sticking around

John Malkovich, Ben Shwartz and Lisa Kudrow are so funny

riotspray and Colby Searcy like this.
  10. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I saw it had terrible reviews so it’s good to see someone really enjoyed it. I’ll probably watch it at some point.

riotspray and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. RyanPm40 May 30, 2020
    (Last edited: May 30, 2020)
    RyanPm40

Yeah maybe a lot of the bad press was for the first couple episodes? It was deeeefinitely a rough start, but I tried to keep in mind that it's fairly normal for first seasons (like P&R and The Office, for example). Glad I stuck around till the end

Brent and riotspray like this.
  12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Was gonna just pass on Space Force because of the reviews, but maybe now I'll give it a shot.

13. Wow, The Vast of Night is so good! Awesome little sci-fi movie that just dropped on Prime. Might be my favorite movie this year so far.

14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I need to check that out

15. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Might watch that tonight. Been hearing great things.

Also glad to hear that Space Force gets better. Watched the pilot and was weary about continuing after seeing some of the reviews. Will stick with it though.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Damn yeah I forgot about. I meant to check that out yesterday.

17. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I watched The Lovebirds today
    Thought it was decent

imthesheriff and riotspray like this.
  18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

The Elmo late night show is fun.

19. RyanPm40

Sharing a Disney+ login with a family member and wow I didn't know they had so much 4K HDR content, this is great

blast0rama and Brent like this.
  20. Started Euphoria for Zendaya and Hunter, connected to their characters right away, just finished ep. 3. I don't really know what message it's trying to convey or whether it's just trying to be shocking and edgy, but I'm getting more and more emotionally invested and latching on to at least one more character every episode. Like, even if I may have to wait longer than expected for Doctor Who and Steven Universe Future, maybe getting MAX wasn't a complete waste.

Shakriel likes this.
  21. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

Starting Space Force right now, will probably end up asleep in an episode or two though

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I have three episodes left of Space Force and it's definitely nowhere near as bad as I'd been led to believe, I'm really enjoying it for the most part

23. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

just watched this, it was literally breathtaking. camerawork, sound design and writing were all some of the best I've seen in too long

Joe likes this.
  24. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

Space Force is perfectly fine so far. It's not hilarious but it's not bad, it is quite enjoyable

Seems like Ben Schwartz is just playing a smarter/relaxed version of Jean Ralphio, which is both disappointing and okay

RyanPm40 and The Lucky Moose like this.
  25. RyanPm40

Yeah I think that's a fair assessment of Ben's character but he's probably one of my favorites in the show, especially when he's being really petty like when Kaitlin Olsen's PR employee shows up. I think full-on Jean Ralphio as a main character could get old after awhile and why he was used so sparingly in P&R