Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 353

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

My mom was just telling me to check that out, good to hear other people speaking positively about it. I never heard of it before then, but I'll have to watch.

Serenity Now and dash64 like this.
  2. RyanPm40

It feels so long since the last season ended, I miss it so much. I think I'm due for a rewatch

imthesheriff likes this.
  3. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Started watching Succession. Love it.

4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Succession is probably my favorite show currently airing.

phaynes12 and Fronnyfron like this.
  5. Watched Big Time Adolescence. It was a fine enough coming-of-age movie.

Also finally watched the doc Minding The Gap, and that was an incredible coming-of-age movie.

6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Minding the gap is so damn good.

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I haven't re watched a show in maybe... 5? Years??? There's honestly just too much content these days that I always feel behind as it is

8. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I dont think I've ever rewatched a non comedy tv show ever. At least by my own doing

9. RyanPm40

I can't think of many non-comedies I've rewatched either, aside from Breaking Bad and Mr. Robot

10. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Ok, I downloaded Quibi, and honestly the most wild thing about this is all the shows are designed to be able to be watched in Portrait Mode. I’m spending half the time just flipping my phone back and forth lol.

irthesteve and Colby Searcy like this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I don't know where people find the time to re-watch shows. I barely have enough time to keep up with what I'm watching currently.

Even in quarantine.

12. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Anything worth checking out?

13. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I'd rather rewatch a show I love than watch something mediocre for the first time. Not a lot new shows have interested me recently.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. simonthebutler

Regular

I just watched Line Of Duty all the way through twice. I started it and got hooked immediately and then got my wife onto it so watched it through with her

15. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Not that I’ve seen lol, everything I’ve watched has mostly been trash.

16. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

When The Street Lights Go On has me interested

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  17. soggytime

Trusted

Yeah I downloaded Quibi as well since there's a 90 day free trial. I can't see this take off unless a couple of these shows weirdly become a viral sensation (a la Tiger King, Love is Blind) during this pandemic

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

here's what all this quibi shit looks to me

coleslawed, Zilla and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

20. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Chris Hemsworth + The Russo Bros (they produced, 1 wrote) back together again.

Cameron and RJ Knorr like this.
  21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

looks awful but i will definitely watch it

imthesheriff likes this.
  22. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Trolls: World Tour is out there and my wife and I are quarantined with two toddlers so it was only inevitable.

Not that I was expecting a lot from this given that the first one isn’t exactly regarded as an animated classic or anything, but man this thing is kind of a mess. Plot is paper thin and so is the villain for that matter. The Bergens from the first film are all but entirely non-existent though they do get one brief cameo at the very end and the motive for Queen Barb here is pretty much exactly what you’ve seen from the trailers. The story in the first film is much more coherent comparatively speaking and, while I do agree that some of its messaging regarding mental health comes across a little clunky (the whole “you don’t need to digest something to make you happy because happiness is already inside you” is pretty lazy writing for those who take medical prescriptions for depression), I at least appreciate the attempt to help kids grapple with their complicated emotions.

And I’ll give it this: the second film deals with diversity and there are a couple moments I was touched and surprised by. A character says at one point that our differences matter and should be celebrated because they define who we are and we can’t be homogenized, to which another character says they’d never thought about it like that before. I was pleased to hear that when my generation was raised on the wrongful idea of color blindness. There’s also a decent reveal about the Pop Trolls’ history and the Cooper character gets a lovely little moment in a pivotal scene near the end. The overall message is essentially that we are all different and those differences do matter, but the one thing we do have in common is that there’s a heart beating inside all of us.

Which is great for kids, but the path to getting there is just all over the place. At times it’s almost like a rushed first draft that got greenlit, particularly in the first fifteen minutes or so where it seems like there’s little to no connective tissue to anything happening on screen. It also seems like they weren’t even paying attention to their previous film because at one point Poppy hears a Country Troll singing a mournful ballad and says that Country Trolls must not realize that music is supposed to always make you happy. That entirely contradicts whole sections and musical numbers from the first film. In that film’s denouement, Poppy and Branch sing a mournful version of “True Colors” and the collective sorrow and inspiration from her fellow Trolls encourages Poppy to keep going. It’s one of the best moments in the script. They also sing “The Sound of Silence” and “Total Eclipse of the Heart” at one point so sad/introspective music isn’t an unknown to the Trolls.

I realize I’m ranting about the Trolls sequel, but, again, I’ve got toddlers and almost no time to binge watch shows I want to watch so this is what I have to focus on.

23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I watched the first half hour of Trolls and I don't know if I can continue. I'm waiting for the McElroys to show up, but I'm starting to think their part may be even smaller than I imagined.

coleslawed likes this.
  24. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

this is the longest write up regarding Trolls known to mankind (in any format - toys, shows, commercials, movies, etc.)

25. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

What have I done.