Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 314

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I might stay out til I’m at least in s3

EASheartsVinyl and spiffa0 like this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

Alright I need to talk to someone about Horse Girl. I was hooked the whole movie but honesty I have no idea what happened.

3. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Lmfao

I haven’t watched it yet but this is an amazing thing to read about something you’re intrigued yet confused by

4. GBlades

Trusted

I seen the trailer for Horse Girl and my gf thought it looked cute then by the end of it we were both so confused, need to give it a watch!

irthesteve likes this.
  5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The Hal Ashby documentary is on Prime, my week is made.

6. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

finally got around to Marriage Story, what a gut punch. Driver is fantastic in it.

phaynes12 likes this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Maybe I'm alone here, but I was surprised that Marriage Story wasn't as depressing as I expected

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm definitely with you on this. Don't get me wrong, it's sad but I went into it thinking I'd be absolutely devastated/weeping throughout the entire thing and was surprised at how cordial Adam and Scarlett were to each other for most of the film (outside of the apartment scene). My best friend is a child of divorce and we were just talking about this last week...he too was surprised at how amicable they were throughout most of the film.

I have no personal experience with divorce...Closest thing to it is what I have seen my sister go through for the past 10 years with her baby's father and their situation is an absolute shit show constantly. Like, just pure, genuine hate toward each other.

9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I can understand it not affecting people if they haven’t experienced it personally as a kid going through it or the person getting divorced themself, but as someone who has been divorced, it was gut-wrenching; both the good and bad moments were painful to watch.

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

My parents divorced when I was 14 so I can definitely relate to it all, but I didn't really connect with the movie on that level personally

11. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I don't think it's supposed to just be depressing. It's definitely sad but I think there's a lot more going on than it just trying to be sad. It made me feel a lot of things.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Sex Education renewed for season 3!

phaynes12, Jake W, marissalg and 2 others like this.
  13. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I went through it, kinda of my first time exposed to it to. I think only one cousin went through divorce, but we don't talk much so I didn't know much of it.

At the time, we were applicably splitting, with a 2-3 year-old. My specific circumstances made it very difficult to watch.

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

morgantayler and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  15. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I'm through 3 episodes of Locke and Key and the vibe is way different from the comic Much much slower (which I expected). I'm glad I love the comic so much cuz I don't know that I'd love this coming in blind

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed likes this.
  17. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I went in blind and I'm enjoying it so far. It's kinda scary though.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I was kinda disappointed in Locke & Key tbh. It was still decent but the 11 year old and his acting made it feel like a Disney show at times

19. Doomsday Feb 11, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 11, 2020)
    Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Horse Girl is a pretty great movie so far, really enjoying it. Brie is an absolute treat like always.

I am, much like everyone else though, a bit confused as to what I am seeing. I'm guessing it's either going to be about the fact that Sarah is actually a clone and that'll be a twist or something, which would be pretty insane honestly or it's just something more mundane and Sarah is just a somewhat severely mentally ill person and these are just her experiences Really liking it so far though!!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

From what I've read, Horse Girl sounds like a poorly-executed version of Undone, which was one of my favorite shows of the year

21. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I have not seen that before but I am really enjoying Horse Girl so idk

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

I think the whole movie is up for interpretation, but my take on the ending is she is succumbing to the same mental illness as her grandmother, but she's also aware of how depressing and mundane her life is. So instead of getting help, she kind of just embraces the delusions because at least the delusions are more exciting than how her life currently is. Also was interesting how whenever the therapist was asking about her level of depression on a scale of 1 to 10, she kept saying 0. She's like in complete denial to her reality.
    I don't know that's where I'm at after 3 days of thinking about this movie. Looking forward to giving it a rewatch.

23. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Don't read the actually comic then

Jake W and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

When the final episode of Mythic Quest broke into Welcome to the Black Parade.

Nice.

25. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Haha did it really? That's rad