Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 310

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

angrycandy and Colby Searcy like this.
  2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Nah, it’s nowhere near the same thing. That’s as ridiculous as saying TBBT is on the level of Seinfeld or something.

theagentcoma likes this.
  3. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Some would argue it is though.

Either way having an argument over what the best show is/isn't is meaningless and silly noboby wins cuz it's completely subjective.

4. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

fair enough but you also said The Wire is good, not great and I can't see that at all. The Sopranos is the best show I've ever seen but if someone said The Wire is, I wouldn't bat an eye because it is great. I like Mad Men, and I love Twin Peaks, but we must remember the 2nd season of TP, and we must also remember that Mad Men hit a few lulls as well. I think The Sopranos and The Wire are consistently great through and through and that's why I would easily put those ahead of Mad Men. but it is ultimately up to you which you think is the best (to you) in the end. like what you like, etc.

5. I'm comfortable with mad men as top 10 for me

6. angrycandy

it's top 10 for me too, just not top 5

7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Sure, I don’t disagree with this logic at all. I just happen to find The Wire to not being as great as other people seem to

angrycandy likes this.
  8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

What’s your ten!

9. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Watched a few episode of Mad Men and it only infuriated me. I don’t need that in my life.

EASheartsVinyl and Jake W like this.
  10. angrycandy

I'd have to really put some thought into it. I'll get back to you, perhaps in the new a1 thread about it. I just know The Sopranos, The Wire, and Twin Peaks are definitely in my top 5. probably Breaking Bad too. I know Mad Men is in the top 10 but idk where I'd place it tbh. it's hard lol

I also need to see Deadwood at some point before I can really say anything for certain

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  11. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

How can anyone think the wire isn’t great?

12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I think it did everything at a high level but it didn’t stick with me emotionally

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It’s a shame that David Simon is an idiot and Matt Weiner is a sex pest

14. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I was like yeah of course it's well done but I also don't find it enjoyable to watch at all

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Simon’s recent behavior has soured me on everything he’s made, it’s such a disappointment. Weiner is the worst.

Oh wow you need to do Deadwood ASAP! That and Sopranos are two of the shows that I had impossibly high expectations for that managed to exceed all of them. I think you would love it.

A lot of the fill for my top ten depends on my mood or feeling in the moment, but my top five is pretty static.

OhTheWater and angrycandy like this.
  16. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

That's me and almost all critically acclaimed television lol

Jake W likes this.
  17. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I love the wire but I initially struggled to get into it. I had to try like three times before I actually watched it all the way through. I could see someone not loving it. I couldn't get into Deadwood. I mean, sometimes such is life.

My reasoning for not being able to get into certain shows would seem silly to some but it is what it is. Deadwood grossed me out with how dirty they all were and it made me uncomfortable. Breaking Bad was too methy. Meth is a huge issue where I live and I've known some ppl who have ruined their lives with meth so I just couldn't get into the show fully cause it reminded me of that.

18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Sometimes they bathe on Deadwood and it’s VERY satisfying, lol.

19. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Yeah the whole Meth aspect of BB is what makes me have no interest

Kiana likes this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Breaking Bad is one of the many shows where it's like I'd be interested maybe if it's a 2 hour movie but devoting the time to watch 60 hour long episodes doesn't seem like something I'd enjoy

Victor Eremita and Colby Searcy like this.
  21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I think it’s a great first time watch and maybe worth going through a second time but it didn’t last for me once it was done. Still need to watch BCS though

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The ending is trash

Wharf Rat, Brent, phaynes12 and 2 others like this.
  23. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I think BCS is a better show but I haven’t watched BB since it aired.

24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the beginning sucks too

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s good for what it is and Cranston is always great, but it’s a lower tier than the best without a doubt. Some really frustrating tropes and writing decisions drag it down hard.

Victor Eremita likes this.