Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 269

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this poster is... something.

[​IMG]

riotspray and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. At first glance Adria Arjona look like Gal Gadot and Melanie Laurent look like Cara Delevigne. Also thought for a second that Melanie had shaved her head. Dave Franco is arguably the second biggest name, but his face is so small that it's unrecognizable.

Synopsis sounds like Suicide Squad, trailer looks like Fast and Furious.

3. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

To me, the worst part of the poster is right under Ryan Reynolds' name, "A MICHAEL BAY FILM". No thanks.

4. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

this pixar in real life is so bad but I love it

5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

It's so bad, I really hope other ones are better.

6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

the emotion board is such a bad idea where it needs to stick to like robots and stuff lol

7. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Inside Out was a bad idea for a first episode, shoulda gone with
    Wall-E first

8. yung_ting

Trusted

9. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

never even heard of that

*sees 17 people are talking about*

apparently no one has.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. Disney+ is cropping out Simpsons jokes

Randomly came across this article. I don't watch The Simpsons, but I agree with the overall sentiment of the article that people are nitpicking way too much in general regarding this launch. But what do I know, I'm just happy I finally get to watch the Tangled Series.

Kingjohn_654 and Contender like this.
  11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

A show being in the wrong aspect ratio isn’t a nitpick though.

12. Okay, but like, personally, I feel like there's so much to watch, it's a waste of time to focus on being angry at what's wrong or what's not there.

13. Maybe not the best article to get that across, but yeah

14. yung_ting

Trusted

it’s very real

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

There are definitely people whose main interest in subscribing was The Simpsons. That’s one of the only things on the platform truly intended for adults, so for it to be messed up at launch is a big deal. Especially when the previous platform offered the option of switching between the formats, so this is a step down instead of an improvement. It’s just not a good look for such a massive debut.

I’m also hearing more and more about possible security issues and tons of people having passwords changed, which is really upsetting.

16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It especially sucks since they got rid of "Simpsons World," which had a lot of cool extras.

Kingjohn_654 and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  17. Again, I personally can't relate, but I guess I can see that being a big issue for a lot of people. I never liked that people prefer certain cartoons over others based on intended audience when Adventure Time and Steven Universe are arguably two of the best shows of the decade, but that's an entirely different discussion.

Contender likes this.
  18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It would be equally as upsetting if they were cropping one of those shows. They’re doing it to a bunch of movies too, like Smart House and The Little Mermaid.

19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Not being hyperbolic, but "The Simpsons" would be the only reason I'd get Disney+. I really hate that as a cable subscriber, they took it off of FX's streaming platform (which wasn't great) and done it dirty this way.

Kingjohn_654 and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. Okay, but I like Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars, so hypothetically if they did that to one of my favorite shows I'd just find something else to watch on the service, so... it comes down to personal preference, I guess. Shrug. Wasn't expecting a heated argument. Not that this was one. But yeah.

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Not really an argument, I just don’t think it’s fair to dismiss totally valid claims because of them not being personally relevant. I’m not a Marvel fan at all, but if all of those movies were cropped I would understand why it matters to those who are. It’s an issue with them not handling their properties with care or giving the audience proper tools to tailor their experiences. The Simpsons is just the best example because they do so many visual gags and it’s easy to express in a screenshot why it ruins the experience.

22. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I too answer any question by telling people to subscribe to Criterion.

24. I get it, but it's not the only thing people are complaining about. I'm gonna shut up now.

25. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Whoa. Had no idea Criterion had a streaming service.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.