Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 247

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I started using both Cetaphil facial cleanser and moisturizer when I was 16-years-old. I swear by the stuff. I'm 34 now and literally, not a day has gone by when I haven't used both. For me, I have sensitive, dry skin, so any other soaps would leave my face super, super dry and even if I use the Cetaphil facial cleanser without the moisturizer afterward, I'll feel a little dry.

I'm kind of embarrassed because I shower at the gym 3x a week and I'm like the only guy who brings his own soap. Everyone else just uses the soap they provide in the dispenser next to each shower (eww).

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

as Lewis Black once famously said, "have you read the ingredients in sunblock? i haven't seen those words ANYWHERE. you could be rubbing zebra cum on your face. you don't know, you don't know!"

3. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

maybe my stuff does work then, because i used to have super dry skin and would also notice it after showers but haven't had any issues for a long time. each morning i put some moisturizer on out of habit but never really thought about what the hell it was doing or claiming to do lol (i.e. figured it was only going to work for the day until i washed my face, not that it would continuously be helping to keep my face moist even if i use less on some days)

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, that's really the only reason I use it. Just to prevent that dry feeling. Now it's just second nature that I put it on.

It's like $14 bucks for a small tube (the soap is an additional $13-14) but it's worth every penny and it lasts a long time because I just use 3 or 4 small dabs.

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  6. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

So episode 6 of Modern Love is... different.

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Is that the Julia Garner one? Because I’m nervous about it.

8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

$50/bottle?!

suddenly feel better about my $5.99 ish that has always felt expensive

Kiana likes this.
  9. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yes. Please let me know your thoughts after you watch

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Just keep any sort of spoilers outta here, k thanks!!!!

Colby Searcy and DrAlanGrant like this.
  11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I use Pharmaclear Pharmagel face wash and moisturizer and it's helped my acne a ton. Both have salicylic acid in them which helps. No idea how much they cost tho

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Awwwww they’re at my favorite little garden in NYC in episode 4 of Modern Love. I’m so happy.

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

@DrAlanGrant I’ve never been more uncomfortable in my life.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  14. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Damn so then they'd have what, basically 3 majority owned streaming services?

Same. Lotion and sunscreen disgust me so much

Jake W likes this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I think my comment from around the middle of the episode summed it up pretty well. I can go into more details under spoilers if you like, but basically I hated it from start to finish.

16. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yes if you don’t mind sharing a few spoiler tagged thoughts. I like don’t even understand what I watched but thought maybe I was just being dramatic and like I couldn’t relate to the episode or something? It’s just SUCH an outlier compared to the vibes of every other episode

17. EASheartsVinyl Oct 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 21, 2019)
    EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I felt like the power dynamics and father/daughter angle were supremely gross and just put me on edge from the first moment. I spent the entire episode fearful for what would happen next.

I kept hoping that it would pivot to something else and be a platonic story about people getting through grief or SOMETHING, but no. It just stayed a story about a really vulnerable young woman who had super confusing and disturbing feelings for an older man who took complete and utter advantage of her a every turn. And then it ended by saying that she magically “grew up” and went after him??

I’m honestly pretty shocked that this got made at all, especially when they have so many other essays to choose from. I’m going to read the original now and see if it’s as creepy in tone or if they somehow botched it in translation.

It definitely brought me back to her days on The Americans in the worst possible way, that’s for sure.

EDIT: Oh my god I just read the essay and it only includes up to the dinner and it’s very clear that she had no romantic interest in him at all and was immensely relieved to just go home at the end. Now I’m mad.

18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg just get like a giant tub of CeraVe moisturizer and it's alllll good and lasts forever. It doesn't matter if u don't burn the sun can still damage ur skin!!! UVA rays are what cause signs of aging and most importantly skin cancer. UVB rays cause sunburn. U need to protect against both. even when it's not sunny it can penetrate thru the clouds. It's why Oregon has one of the highest rates of melanoma. There are different face sunscreens with different finishes. Some are more fine and absorb well while others are thicker.

IM JUST TRYING TO SAVE LIVES HERE

19. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I get chemical burns from sunscreen above 15spf so I’m hoping hydration and hyaluronic acid can come in just clutch enough

Kiana likes this.
  20. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg watching first ep of season 5 of peaky blinders. When Tommy finishes speaking with his son in the stable and rubs his cigarette on his lips I legit thought he was dramatically putting on chapstick for a sec

21. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Watched two episodes of Modern Love. First was great, second not as much. Still gonna stick with it cus the cast is great.

22. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I agree with every word written here. It made me so uncomfortable and had no real endgame like the other episodes. I’m going to read the article, especially after your edit, because that just seems... insane they wouldn’t stop at the same place

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  23. GBlades

Trusted

I would recommend sticking with it. Everything ties in with such emotional impact.

24. manoverboard365

Trusted

Episode 6 of Modern Love made me pretty uncomfortable. When she shouts "Wait!" at the end, what is that implying is gonna happen?

The Tina Fey episode was also kinda boring, I feel like there was no climax. I did love episode 5 though with John Gallagher Jr.

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I still need to watch the last one, but I thought the first three were noticeably better than the next four. I would honestly recommend skipping the sixth entirely, but the others at least have some positive aspects. There is some awful and unnecessary dialogue in the fifth to be aware of as well, but the story itself at least isn’t flawed to the core.