Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 210

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

would be very cool if benioff adapted city of thieves as a netflix movie/miniseries

Brother Beck likes this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I for one hope they remake Home Alone and recast Macaulay Culkin to reprise his role but otherwise follow the script exactly and never acknowledge he's a grown man

Hire me, Disney

3. 10/10 would watch

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Amazing

coleslawed likes this.
  5. marissalg

Trusted

Watching Plus One on Hulu. It’s a cute romcom.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. Anybody checked out Rocko yet? I have a bunch of work to do but I can’t stop thinking about just bailing and going home to watch it

riotspray likes this.
  8. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I checked out Wu Assasins today. It’s fun.

riotspray likes this.
  9. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Definitely going to watch Glow first, so I'm curious to hear if folks enjoy Rocko before I get to it :P

riotspray likes this.
  10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Curious about The Family too

11. Aaaaaaaand Rocko was perfect. God damnit that just made me so happy

12. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Rocko was what you would expect. it felt, looked, sounded and played out like Rocko. i don't have much of a nostalgia factor for anything though. i loved Rocko as a kid, but was almost immediately bored (or at least disengaged) and just going through the motions of watching this.

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm glad we have it. They could've easily made a nostalgia grab but they went a few steps past that

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. Exactly. They played the hits and then some. A series would have been a bit much, but this felt very concise

15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Absolutely loving this season of GLOW

16. 333 GANG

ACAB

As a fan of GLOW and someone obsessed with everything Vegas (I've been an unhealthy amount of times), this season looks like it's going to be right up my alley.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. Zach

Trusted Supporter

No I was just curious because it is based on one show, not out of defiance to something like how they treat employees and whatnot.

18. Oh yes, Good Omens was much more my shit.

Onward to Fleabag next!

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Fleabag is the best.

20. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’m a couple pages late, but the comic series The Boys is written by Garth Ennis. He’s most known for Preacher and the seminal Punisher arcs. He’s the king of “edgy” in comics. He tries to tackle feminism in Preacher with some badass female characters and some positive dialogue about it though.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Damn, I’m ashamed. The joke went over your head AND caused you to judge my motives when no one asked you.

I’ll do better next time.

22. Good Omens is about averting the apocalypse. I've seen that done before. I don't mean that as a criticism, but as an observation. Hear me out. Good Omens has the four horsemen of the apocalypse, and it has the antichrist. Supernatural also had both those things, but they were in separate arcs. We see the four horsemen of the apocalypse in season five, which is the masterful culmination of a five-season arc. We see the antichrist in a much later arc, a sloppy arc in a series of ups and downs following the perfection of season five. The original showrunner had envisioned the series as five seasons, and therefore left the show after that arc was done. That was Eric Kripke, who was more recently the showrunner of... The Boys.

A week ago, I started Eric Kripke's show The Boys, but couldn't finish the first episode, so I watched Good Omens instead, which, like the first five seasons of Supernatural, is also about the apocalypse. Is that what you'd call irony?

(What's also odd is I also enjoyed the one season I saw of Kripke's other show, Timeless. Maybe my gripe with The Boys is more about the "edgy" source material than the execution of the show itself; if that's the case, I'm willing to give it another shot. ...after Fleabag.)

Garrett L. likes this.
  23. Just finished season 1 of Fleabag everything hurts I hate you all

SpyKi and VanMastaIteHab like this.
  24. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I’m a few episodes into The Last O.G. What a show.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this looks like a lot of fun