Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 202

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Wife and I watched Aziz's new special and it was quite good, alot of maturation on his part. I appreciated how he brought up the misconduct allegations and feel like he's taken it to heart.

2. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Nah

3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Big fan of this new blown glass competition show

4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I was wondering if this was any good. Glad to hear some positive feedback. I need to check it out.

5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I tried watching that Chef Show with Jon Favreau, and boy, was that boring. I put on the episode with Tom Holland, RDJ, Feige and the Russo Brothers, and their part was really the only semi-interesting scene, and barely at that

I guess I would just rather eat food than watch it being made and eaten by other people heh.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I say this in a completely non-judgmental or condescending way. For those who have "cancelled" Aziz, is there anything that he could have done or said to ever be... un-cancelled, or whatever you would call it? Particularly interested in the female perspective.

7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

If he had actually issued a real apology. His initial statement was bs and from what I've read about his special he continues to make it about himself. Not interested!

8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Also apparently he did a lot more than just the one publicized story

9. irthesteve

@Kiana if I recall, he apologized to the woman privately. In these cases, you would say that a public apology to her would also be necessary since it became something that the world at large became involved in? Again, not trying to be an ass just actually wondering what the right answer is for him. I have yet to see the public be happy with anyone's apologies or "apologies" so I haven't seen an example of what would be right.

@ComedownMachine is this actually true? What's the story there?

10. Check the accountability in entertainment thread.

xapplexpiex and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I think it’s the most recent post in the accountability thread.

Imo, once you abuse your platform you should lose it. You can redeem yourself (well, depending on what they did) in your personal life and try your hardest to be a better person but I don’t think they should be allowed to return to stardom. Especially with how quickly these dudes have their comeback.

incognitojones likes this.
  12. irthesteve

will go look now

13. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

It’s not amazing, but I’m obsessed with blown glass so watching the artistic process at work for people who are good at it is fascinating to me.

The set up info each episode is annoyingly repetitive.

riotspray likes this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m nauseous.

riotspray and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Rocko was my childhood.

Chuck! and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

One of only two shows I ever bought bootlegs of because there was no official release.

18. irthesteve

False, I worked on the DVD release. :-p

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Not in 2007 you didn’t.

20. irthesteve

to be entirely fair, it was on VHS in 2005 but I digress

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I searched EVERYWHERE and the closest thing was some “best of” that I owned. Nothing had the complete series, and the episodes that did exist were edited. I remember being SO stoked when he got the rights back to release it in full. Which I also then bought...

22. irthesteve

OK you get a pass. :-)

riotspray and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

My knowledge of Rocko and Are You Afraid of the Dark media releases is..... embarrassingly vast.

Zilla, riotspray, coleslawed and 3 others like this.
  24. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Dang, can't believe Rocko is finally coming out.

Really want to know the status on the Invader Zim movie now. They have some pretty fun comics these days from a couple issues I've read.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  25. 333 GANG

ACAB

A lot of people don’t watch tv or have cable anymore though. I have cable myself, and you’re right, Friends is seemingly always on, but it’s the type of show (along with HIMYM, B99, etc) that I throw on at night just to have on in the background while I’m doing other things.