Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 201

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I agree big time. The brand already confuses people as is with HBO, Go, and Now. I think this will just mean people will pay for one and be VERY confused when they don’t get access to all of the content.

2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

there’s no need for three apps. consolidate into one - if you subscribe to hbo, you get the app in your package. you can still pay for the app if you don’t have the channel. and have an unlockable tier for “max” content from warner for an extra $5 a month or whatever.

3. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

It boggles my mind the people who get paid tons and in charge of this shit can’t make it as simple as this

4. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

That might be a legal issue

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

fuck legal, make your shit more convenient for me imho

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  6. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

what’s so confusing?

One is Go, one is Now. Don’t see how they could have made it any clearer

coleslawed and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The best is when you buy something like Roku and it comes preloaded with Now so if you have a cable subscription you will definitely try to log in a dozen times without realizing you need to delete it and get the Go app instead.

8. marissalg

Trusted

anyway I finally started stranger things but I already know two major spoilers bc people who finished it in a day keep retweeting them.

9. SmithBerryCrunch Jul 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 12, 2019)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

sean_rugy, RyanPm40 and Cameron like this.
  10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yesssss

11. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Ok so Netflix, DisneyPlus/Hulu combo deal, and buy HBO (Now/Go) for a month when I wanna binge one of their flagship shows. I’m set

coleslawed likes this.
  12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I never finished season 1 of mindhunter, but that's pretty cool. Still thought there was some pretty awkward acting and dialogue in it though

13. Since when was Disney+ and Hulu a combo deal? Wait, did Disney eat up Hulu, too? How am I not aware of these things?

14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

After aquiring Fox, Disney now owns the largest stake in Hulu and are hoping to buy out NBC to take full control last I heard

15. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Been streaming Veronica Mars. About 1/2 through the entire original run.

If you haven't seen it before, do yourself a favor and do so. For a show that came out 15 years ago, it really doesn't feel too dated.

16. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Seconded. Everything looks dated but the writing feels pretty evergreen.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

The look of everything is just so damn nostalgic to me though. I keep thinking about the time and places when I watched it for the 1st time and it's making me emotional

18. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

They already have an agreement to do so. I think it starts in 2021?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. Zach

Trusted Supporter

So fun fact, I live where they filmed all the Starcourt Mall scenes for Stranger Things and I drove over there, and they have it all blocked off and stuff still, but I was able to sneak a peak at the clock through several windows! We took a picture of the real life entrance they used for the mall entrance in the show. Here’s a side by side

Looks like they added some fake extensions onto the building for the show

FF1294A3-2732-49DE-857A-8DCBA61A428C.jpeg F46CE23D-8E72-49EA-9F3F-8E70793BE6E4.jpeg

20. Zach

Trusted Supporter

I’m going back another time to try and get a picture of the clock

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Logan’s Run was alright. I loved the first half, but it dragged on. The effect during the carousel were awesome.

22. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Why is there no thread for Fleabag? I just watched S1 and S2 in a week and I want to rave with everyone!

23. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

There won’t be a better show than Fleabag this year. Or maybe in the next 10 years.

Zilla and phaynes12 like this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

S2 was TOO good. Blew me away that she managed to improve on the first. I would watch those characters interact forever.

Zilla and Maybevictor like this.
  25. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Watched 20th Century Women last night on Netflix, what an incredible, moving film.

phaynes12 likes this.