Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. popdisaster00 Mar 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 4, 2022)
    All things related to streaming services can go here: news, upcoming releases/expirations, general chit-chat about the streaming services, and so forth.

2. phaynes1

Regular

The new Ashton Kutcher sitcom look fucking awful and it makes me worried that they're sacrificing their general standard for quality with dregs like that

Raku likes this.
  3. It's one of a handful that look terrible. With the Adam Sandler movies, the Rob Schneider show, etc., it's rough. I think they're just creating content for the masses right now.

Raku and Jason Tate like this.
  4. phaynes1

Regular

Right. It definitely seems like the last three months there has been a shift to "for the masses" mindset from them.

Nick likes this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Flaked was pretty disappointing. Didn't get past the first episode. I feel like there is promise there, but they didn't play it right. should be more like bojack

6. phaynes1

Regular

Ah, yeah, I never even started that because the trailer was entirely uninteresting to me.

I was excited by the prospect of the 11 new series in 2016, or whatever it was, when announced. Really hasn't lived up to it, outside of Love.

7. jorbjorb

7 rings

I stopped on episode 2. I started it because I like the way the show looks and the main actor is good too. The story didn't engage me like other series.

8. There's still a ton of content to be excited about, especially over the next year or so. I don't blame them for creating content that's on par with CBS sitcoms as long as they continue to put out quality niche programming like Bojack, Bloodline, WHAS, Master of None, their nature docs, and the like.

9. phaynes1

Regular

Oh don't get me wrong, I still watch several of their shows. And they're still above pretty much all networks. It's just a little sad to see them go that route slightly when they don't need to.

10. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Very excited for Voltron and crossing my fingers they resurrect Young Justice

Raku likes this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Changed the name of the thread because we just don't need the official stuff anymore.

12. how dare you

13. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Will be checking out The Ranch this weekend.

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I made it through Flaked (still need to watch the final episode) and I don't feel like it ever got much better. The last couple episodes were definitely the best, but I still found it fairly boring.

The Ranch doesn't look good, but I may watch an episode or two.

Anyone watch Pee Wee's Big Holiday yet?

15. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Flaked was alright. I'm always so happy when I can binge a new season of Archer

16. I just finished Bojack. Currently in S2 of House of Cards which I like but don't love.

17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Archer is one show that I've had in my queue for ages and never got around to, but know that it would be one of my all time favorite shows if/when I ever watch it.

18. Documentary Now! is really good

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoyed probably half of Documentary Now! Looking forward to season 2 though.

20. I'm only 3 episodes in, but here's the thing: even if it's not laugh out loud funny, it's kind of astonishing to see their commitment to parodying the original documentaries and absolutely nailing the style of each one. Bill Hader as the old man in Kanuk Uncovered is amazing.

21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Oh, I absolutely agree. They've definitely done a fantastic job of parodying the originals, but I guess with Hader and Armisen as the leads, I expected more laughter throughout. The last episode is fantastic though.

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah Documentary Now was okay, I thought. The Drone one was the best iirc

23. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, almost forgot about that. The Drone one was definitely the best. I think that was the first one they aired (actually pre-aired) and I was super excited for the show when I saw that... only to be slightly let down by the rest.