Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 399

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

supernovagirl likes this.
  2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I thought it was pretty good I mean I couldn’t stop watching it lol

BoldType and Colby Searcy like this.
  3. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I've been waiting on the book at the library since pre-pandemic but I plan to get it soon

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

loved little fires everywhere

BoldType likes this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

its soooooo melodramatic. there were good moments though. the flashback episode was probably my favorite

i just can’t get kerry screaming “GET. IN. THE. CARRRRR” out of my head. some of the worst acting from a good actor i’ve ever seen.

6. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

i watched Twister on Netflix yesterday, which is the first time I’ve seen it in 10+ years. i know it’s supposed to be fun but i couldn’t get over how shitty the main character treated his fiancee.

basically he went to Oklahoma to get his ex to sign the divorce papers, bringing his fiancee. he then finds out his ex and the crew was able to make the tornado tracking machine they've been doing ever since and what does he do?

he tells his fiancee to tag along (without even considering the danger) and what ensues is an hour and a half of the fiancee (who never asked to be part of this) running into near death scenarios. she finally breaks down and tells him she wants to go home and she can’t compete with the ex after realizing he doesn't really love her, and genuinely wishes him luck. the movie pretty much absolved him of any guilt, so he and his ex can spend the end credits making out/rolling on the dirt while the rest of the crew do high fives and platonic hugs beside them

i want John Mulaney to do this bit

the ending:

7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Dang, Midnight Gospel is dope

zigbigwig and OotyPa like this.
  8. Just noticed Hannibal is on Netflix so if you haven't seen it watch it immediately

9. supernovagirl

I need a new comedy show to watch

In the same vein as Michael Schur shows ideally

gimme your reccs

10. RyanPm40

Wow that must be new, that used to only be on Prime. Dope.

11. RyanPm40

Middleditch and Schwartz was really funny - obviously not a network sitcom tho lol. Binged the 3 last night.

Guessing you've seen Community and Always Sunny? Those are my two favorite non-Schur comedies lol

12. supernovagirl

I’ll give that a try seeing as I’m a fan of the Schwartz half

I’m actually in the middle of community now. I think it’s just ok lol
    I do not like always sunny

13. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Hell yeah. I never finished it

spiffa0 likes this.
  14. RyanPm40

Woww that hurts lol. But hey we're all into our own stuff! Btw if you're only on S1 of Community, it gets a lot better.

Now that I think about it, I think I'm in the same boat as you haha. I just watch so many reruns that I forget I haven't picked up a new sitcom in awhile. Other than Space Force which I think was great after some very weak 2-3 episodes. Curious to hear what others suggest to you!

15. RyanPm40

Omg I keep forgetting Hulu has Wilfred. Definitely need to give that another watch

coleslawed and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Love Wilfred.

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  17. supernovagirl

its not my fault I don’t find people being bad people funny!!! It’s why I like Schur shows :( because the characters are (mostly) genuinely good people

I’m on season 3 lol when does it get a lot better looool. Jk I think it’s deff fair to say that it got better than season 1, just still isn’t exactly my thing. It’s ok as a comedy to throw on to be lighthearted but eh

I’ve heard such mixed things about space force? lol

I think the world just needs more good comedies

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. I didn't like community either. Slogged my way through all of it.

Dinosaurs Dish and supernovagirl like this.
  19. Or just more good people comedies

RyanPm40 and supernovagirl like this.
  20. RyanPm40

Ahh ok I totally understand not liking comedies focused on bad people. Always Sunny definitely fits into that umbrella, and Community often does as well, especially the last season.

Yeah, I'm drawing blanks outside of Schur stuff and some old 90s/early 2000s stuff

Dirty Sanchez and supernovagirl like this.
  21. RyanPm40

Oh! What about New Girl? I don't think I ever went past S3 but that was always a funny, positive show

22. supernovagirl

Yeah exactly!

Well damn lol
    What is coming to mind from the 90s/2000s?!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. supernovagirl

Haven’t seen it. Maybe I’ll give it a try

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m still watching a ton of Frasier

coleslawed, theagentcoma and RyanPm40 like this.
  25. Maverick

Trusted

Hmm.. I would recommend New Girl if you haven’t already seen it. I also highly recommend Party Down as well. Crashing is also another fantastic show that lasted 3 seasons, but a little darker. If you like British humor I’d recommend Extras and IT Crowd as well.