Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 397

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

The Denny’s stuff killed me

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Birbigs too

3. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I like Patton

4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I like Patton.

Also I never finished euphoria because I’ve been through addiction and some of it rang true but a lot of it didn’t and it turned me off.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  5. flask

Trusted Supporter

Patton's been my favorite stand up for a while now and his new one is definitely at the bottom of his specials. But after what he's been through, idk. I'm just happy he's happy and has found peace.

6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah I also do wanna be clear that I've always liked Patton and anything he's been in, just bummed I haven't been able to get into his standup :-p

Colby Searcy likes this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m so proud. The Euphoria talk reminded me that I still need to try that again for you eventually, but I know now would be a terrible time to attempt it.

angrycandy likes this.
  8. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Oh shoot, I forgot all about this one. We watched maybe two episodes but never got back to it. Good idea.

I've seen most of season one of Succession. I don't have HBO but I've been thinking about getting it again

angrycandy likes this.
  9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Alright Colby. FIRST you hate on Half Life 2, and now you have a Luke-warm reaction to Barry. We’re enemies now bro

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Alright you got me back. I also loved that part

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Triple post:

pattons recent special was fine I thought. Though his last one where he opens up about his wife’s death was really good. Never had such a emotional reaction while watching stand up except for Birbigs occasionally.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Mike Briglebee is great

Zilla and Colby Searcy like this.
  13. When does schitts Creek get good?

14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha, agreed. I have it a shot and it did nothing for me.

15. Colby Searcy

Whew, glad we're buds again!

Genuinely though, what is it about Barry that people loved? I liked it, it just didn't amaze me like I expected I guess. That very well could've been on me though.

And HL2 there was just way too much shooting for me!

16. Colby Searcy

How well received was True Detective S3?

17. Cameron Jun 6, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 6, 2020)
    Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It’s ok. Much better than 2

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. Would The OC hold up for someone who starts watching it for the first time today? I feel like it wouldn't be good.

Night Channels likes this.
  19. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I think it’s a Parks and Rec situation. I watched S1 in the background, then paid rapt attention from S2 to the end.

Does it hold up? No idea, but despite some small things due to pop up, my guess is yes. Is it one of my favorite shows of all time? Yes.

popdisaster00 and spiffa0 like this.
  20. Yeah I'm only four episodes in and the seasons are short. Was hoping it picks up so I'll at least get to the second season.

21. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

much better than season 2. I’d say it’s worth checking out.

Colby Searcy and Cameron like this.
  22. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I watched it for the first time a year and a half ago. Definitely holds up

popdisaster00 likes this.
  23. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

So I’ll say this. Several months ago my wife and I decided to give it a shot because of all the hype around it. We watched a bit of season one and then drifted away from it for a couple weeks because it was amusing enough, but weren’t engaging with it the way we thought we would, again because of the hype. We returned to it later and got into season two, which I think is when the characters start feeling more refined. By the end of season two they manage to develop some genuine pathos in a scene between Johnny, Moira, and a couple they knew from their previous lives. Then in season three the show starts firing on all cylinders, especially when the Patrick character is introduced. That sounds like a long wait but it is genuinely well worth it. By the time you get to season four with the Tina Turner “The Best” moment you’ll be very grateful you kept going. The love and value shared between the members of this family and the town in general by that point feels like something special and unique. Just have to work through all the initial set up for the pay off.

24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Yeah Schitts Creek is only decent up until S2 but by then it only gets better. Also True Detective S3 is great.

Colby Searcy likes this.