Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 396

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

fukk yeah Philly season lets gooooo

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Finished Space Force last night. Had some good zingers, but overall pretty bland and no replay value for me. Will watch a second season if there ever is one.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

If you're looking for more (HBO) shows with POCs, check out "Insecure"

morgantayler and OotyPa like this.
  4. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I never understand why some people hate on Euphoria so much. Maybe they just hate Zendaya idk. But she was fucking incredible in her role in that show.

5. Oh yeah, definitely, I've been meaning to check it out

riotspray likes this.
  6. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I finished S1 and all of S2 of Barry today. It was fine for the most part, really enjoyed the cliffhanger ending.

imthesheriff likes this.
  7. Colby Searcy

They're popular but not nearly as much. I've never read them but love his recent adult mystery novels.

Jake W likes this.
  8. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Insecure is perfect.

RJ Knorr and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  9. manoverboard365

Trusted

Watched the first two episodes of Space Force. The first episode was soooo boring. The second episode wasn't much better, but the saving grace were the monkey & dog scenes. I'll give it one more episode.

RyanPm40 and riotspray like this.
  10. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

the hate is honestly what held me from jumping into it when it first came out. I was excited for it, saw some reactions and I was like oh... so I just sort of backburnered the show for another time.

11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

The floating dog tail had me both disgusted and dying laughing at everyone's reactions

manoverboard365 likes this.
  12. RyanPm40

Oh yeah I forgot I watched it the other day, but Patton Oswalts new standup special on Netflix was realll rough. Turned it off halfway through. Just came across as unfunny and trying too hard to me

manoverboard365 likes this.
  13. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The hate will mostly be from cishet white males

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Shakriel like this.
  14. Colby Searcy

Really? Wife and I really enjoyed it

15. RyanPm40

Yeah idk, it just felt like he was trying too hard. Like, I'm all for Trump jokes, but these ones felt kinda lazy and forced to me? Hard to put my finger on it now because I just didn't enjoy it enough to remember much lol. Again, I only watched half of it.

Maybe his standup just isn't for me. I have one of those old Comedy Central Presents specials he did from buying it on iTunes back when the first iPod Video came out, and I rewatched it recently and was bored to tears. The silver lining is it made me find my old Mitch Hedberg set I purchased on there, totally making up for it haha

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I never thought Patton’s standup was good. It was always cringe-y and/or typical “nerd” unfunny jokes.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I like about 10% of his jokes, and the other 90 is some bullshit

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. Colby Searcy

Everybody should check out Hannah Gadsby's Douglas

19. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Wife and I are struggling with what to watch next. We've finished Breaking Bad, Rectify, and Ozark and we're still in the middle of Better Call Saul. Any suggestions?

20. RyanPm40 Jun 5, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 5, 2020)
    RyanPm40

Barry or Mad Men are the closest to those shows that comes to my mind. Mr. Robot and Watchmen were incredible too

Edit

Russian Doll and Undone were also some good ones

21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Mad Men

theagentcoma likes this.
  22. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

have you seen Succession or Fleabag? if not, hop on it

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

I enjoyed his last special, but this new one was pretty bad. I might have laughed twice during the whole thing.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I love Patton’s standup, but I can understand why people would be turned off to it. He kind of has a Dennis Miller quality where you feel like he’s trying to cram in the deepest pop culture references.

That said, I think “Annihilation” is all-timer. Just a wonderful meditation on grief.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I get that Patton's new special is mainly about being a 50 year old wife guy so it's def less relatable minus the Denny's part, the amount of white comics that age I can trust not to be dicks or whine about pc culture is basically him and Gaffigan so I respect him for that haha