Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 395

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I never finished euphoria

2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Euphoria is so good

3. michael_gatto

Trusted

Grave of the Fireflies is on Hulu now! I agree though, it's a damn shame a lot of the anime classics aren't streaming anywhere.

OotyPa likes this.
  4. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Vast of Night was neat. Dialog was pretty incomprehensible at times, but the way it was shot, the acting, the pacing, etc. were all great.

The long shot through the town was pretty amazing.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Two episodes to go on Ozark. Need to find another show, preferably one that doesn't involve the Mexican drug cartel since I'm also watching Better Call Saul lol

RyanPm40 and coleslawed like this.
  6. My friend still illegally downloads stuff and he puts it on his Plex which I have access to and can watch all his content.

bradsonemanband and riotspray like this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I watched the first episode of The Outsider last night and holy shit

Colby Searcy and marissalg like this.
  8. ghostxvapor

Trusted

A good time to catch up on The Watchmen (I Know it's HBO)

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Honestly, I feel like it only gets worse. I got to the fourth episode and gave up on it. And I almost always finish a season.

riotspray and DrAlanGrant like this.
  10. irthesteve

Hmmmmmmmm we'll see

11. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

The outsider is good but the first 2 episodes are the best and not really a great indicator of the show as a whole.

12. irthesteve

:/

13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

14. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Finished The Outsider today. I read the book and the show felt alot like the book, very true adaptation for sure. Like there are only a few minor changes that I can think of/remember.

Started/restarted Barry today as well

RyanPm40, Garrett and angrycandy like this.
  15. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Just started When They See Us

manoverboard365 and SpyKi like this.
  16. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Well I finished Ozark. It was ok? It's not a bad show but it's not super compelling either. I can't really explain it.

Joe, riotspray and imthesheriff like this.
  17. Finished season 1 (I didn't know there's gonna be more). I still don't know what message it's trying to convey, but I don't think that's the point. It's an excessively stylized and edgy teen drama, but at its core, there's these incredibly real characters, their journeys, and we're just going along for the ride. If a show can make you sympathize with even a monster like Nate, you know it's gotta be doing something right.

I've only seen a handful of HBO shows so far, so it's a pretty small sample size, but outside of Westworld, they're all so... white. It means a lot to me that at the center of Euphoria there's a poc and a trans girl. Idk I just feel like that's worth mentioning.

18. angrycandy Jun 5, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 5, 2020)
    angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I don't know if Euphoria has a central thesis to it so much, but there are multiple threads throughout that say a lot about what it's like growing up (especially in this day & age) and from many different perspectives too. to me more than anything, I see the show as a delineation of the human condition and what it feels like to be a person in the world we currently live in. I think it succeeds in pretty much everything it goes for and I can't recommend it enough tbh

Colby Searcy and irthesteve like this.
  19. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Maybe I'll finally start Euphoria this weekend.

angrycandy likes this.
  20. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I tried to get into Euphoria but only lasted a few episodes. I can appreciate a lot about it, especially for the reasons mentioned above, but man I was just not a fan of the writing or acting.

Zilla likes this.
  21. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

you're in for a treat.

Shakriel likes this.
  22. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Euphoria is so good

angrycandy likes this.
  23. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

New Queer Eye season dropped today!

24. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I'm enjoying the Alex Rider Prime show rn. I might be biased because these were the books that literally got me into reading for fun when I was like 9 lol. I also have no idea how well know these books are in the US.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  25. irthesteve

holy shittttt I knew it was coming but didn't know its todayyyyy