Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 1286

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Ngl I would try it if I walked by it at walmart

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  2. Halitosis Jones

Howdy y'all!

I just be started Presumed Innocent. I am pretty sure this plot is one of the first cases in the first Ace Attorney game lol

3. RyanPm40

Rewatched Liar, Liar on Netflix for the first time since I was a little kid and had so much fun with it

SpyKi, Ferrari333SP and Zilla like this.
  4. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

started Shameless last night. two episodes in and i'm hooked.

Freud and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. RyanPm40

First few seasons were great

6. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

The more they get away from the family doing hijinx together, to being more just them as individuals dealing with shit, the less good it gets.

But also the one love story that I’m not gonna spoil for them is the best lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. Michael Belt

i know vague plot points throughout its run (including how it ends), but i'm excited for the ride

8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Be prepared for some more immediately forgettable slop!

imthegrimace and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  9. Michael Belt

legitimately is there any other streaming service out there putting out this much forgettable content other than Netflix? it feels so symptomatic of their output that i just can't think of any other platform that panders to the lowest-common denominator

10. MidDave

Today I learned they’re producing a film starring Kim Kardashian

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  11. Better question is any putting out consistently great stuff? With HBimeanMax now being so bloated it feels like there’s … not? It’s like one or two great things some fine and just garbage and more garbage. :-/

Victor Eremita likes this.
  12. MidDave

I enjoy the majority of what Apple TV+ puts out

13. What are their 2024 movies? I turned off Napoleon. That’s all I remember.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

Michael Belt and Cameron like this.
  15. Michael Belt

only ones i can remember are that other one with Lily Gladstone and Fly Me to the Moon (and unfortunately Argyle). their TV output is fucking fantastic (notably Foundation and ofc Severance).
    i'll always thank Peacock for giving us Poker Face and Girls5eva (and i've heard EXCELLENT things about We Are Lady Parts), but other than that it's really just a home for classic NBC shows and new Universal movies.

16. Apple TV+ Reveals New Shows for 2024 — Full List

There’s some good stuff. And also a lot of crap. It’s weird Apple is the best one.

Michael Belt likes this.
  17. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Me :verysad:

I love kettle corn

18. Michael Belt

some of these are definitely not my speed, but overall i think, aside from their earlier output - which had consistently mixed reception - Apple seems to be relatively appealing to most viewers. it definitely helps that they don't acquire as much pre-existing content and keep their original output more limited compared to their competitors. maybe that gives people the illusion of quality? :shrug:

19. MidDave

Idk I just think most of their stuff is interesting. There’s easily 8+ shows they’ve launched that I’ve found really enjoyable for various reasons

20. Halitosis Jones

Howdy y'all!

Besides Napoleon, there was also Killers of the Flower Moon and Argylle

The ones they have upcoming this year though (no streaming date yet for most of these) :

• Fancy Dance - Native American reservation set family drama starring Lilly Gladstone.
    • Fly Me to the Moon - 1960's set romantic comedy about the Apollo Program starring Scarlett Johansson and Channing Tatum.
    • The Instigators - Heist Comedy starring Matt Damon and Casey Affleck
    • Wolfs - Buddy action comedy about professional fixers starring George Clooney and Brad Pitt
    • Untitled Joseph Kosinski (Top Gun Maverick) film - About Formula One racing. Starring Brad Pitt
    • Blitz - Steve McQueen directed WW2 set period drama Oscar bait starring Saoirse Ronan and Harris Dickinson
    • The Gorge - Scott Derrickson (Doctor Strange) directed romantic action-thriller starring Miles Teller and Anya Taylor-Joy as elite soldiers tasked with guarding a mysterious gorge.

21. Last I saw their numbers weren’t great for the streaming metrics either. Hope it catches on more.

Michael Belt likes this.
  22. Curious to see how those do. I may check out argyle but the reviews weren’t great when I checked last.

23. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

A mysterious gorge

24. Halitosis Jones

Howdy y'all!

I pretty much only use Peacock regularly for WWE and Dateline.

Sometimes there is a Universal movie on there I'll check out, and I have also used it watch the last couple of Olympics.

25. MidDave

Went back and pulled a list. It’s way more than 8.

I would say I’ve liked or better the following:
    For All Mankind
    See
    Servant
    Invasion
    Shrink Next Door
    Severance
    WeCrashed
    Silo
    Hijacked
    Manhunt
    Dickinson