Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix/Hulu/HBOMax/Prime (All Streaming Services) • Page 1201

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by popdisaster00, Mar 29, 2016.

1. So that's probably why two good actors signed up for the project?

2. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

Yeah, I get that, but it also sounds so cheesy and stupid like all those Skype/zoom horror movies. Onlyfans is big so it's just hopping on board with something trendy. It just seems like a shallow SEO plot. "There's a movie about a Elle Fanning with an OnlyFans?! That sounds hot!" some dumb internet incel response like that.

Helloelloallo likes this.
  3. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

Nah, I think it's the money

4. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

Also they have good movies, but they also have stuff like Spring Breakers, The Bling Ring and Tusk

5. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Spring Breakers and the Bling Ring are both good

6. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

Hey now! If it wasnt for Tusk, we wouldn't have spin off classics like Yoga Hosers and Moose Jaws.

GrantCloud and SpeckledSouls like this.
  7. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I don’t understand this hostility towards a premise

8. Nathan

Also yes spring breakers is great

GrantCloud, Cameron, Zilla and 3 others like this.
  9. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

Ick.

10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Just here to say that Brenda song gave us this iconic moment and I call it the prndl to this day

Cameron, trevorshmevor and Shakriel like this.
  11. Nathan

Oh yeah the bling ring is good too dunno how I missed that

12. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Spring break forever

13. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

What in the world? Chill out.

Host was dope too so most of the things you listed are actually cool and good.

14. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

Nope

15. Nathan

I think the premise of a young woman in an financial/familial conflict set against two of the most exploitative industries in the world in professional wrestling and sex work seems like it has lots of dramatic/thematic potential and based on what I’ve seen from A24 and Apple TV it’s definitely intriguing. That it’s from a co-creator of Doogie Howser and Boston Legal is what I find most baffling about the announcement

16. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

Haha I didn't even see that! That's incredible.

17. Nathan

looks like he’s developed a lot of TV since, more prestige sounding stuff like Big Little Lies and Love & Death, neither of which I watched but seem more in line with the tone of this project

SpeckledSouls likes this.
  18. Adding more Brenda Song love, always happy to see her show up in a new project. I watched that show Dollface on Hulu pretty much just because she was in it lol, looks like it was cancelled but it was a fun two seasons.

19. Can’t speak for Spring Breakers but The Bling Ring is one of the only movies I can remember simply not finishing. Granted it was like 10 years ago, wonder if I’d feel differently now

Zilla and SpeckledSouls like this.
  20. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

That's because it's bad. Just watch something else.

Zilla likes this.
  21. JoshIsMediocre

Prestigious Supporter

You don’t have to act like this

GrantCloud and imthegrimace like this.
  22. Nathan

Bling Ring was the only Sofia Coppola I hadn’t seen in 2020 so I watched it during lockdown and it was good

mescalineeyes and imthegrimace like this.
  23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I saw Spring Breakers in theaters. I was the only one there. I texted a friend the whole time hating on it.

24. Lol. I’ll probably give it another shot someday bc I know it was generally well received and I like Sofia. If I still dislike it I’ll @ you so you can say I Told You So ;-p

SpeckledSouls likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Emma Watson is incredible even if it's not her best