Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix Cancels ‘Daredevil’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Daredevil has been canceled by Netflix.

“Marvel’s Daredevil will not return for a fourth season on Netflix,” the streamer said in a statement tonight to Deadline. “We are tremendously proud of the show’s last and final season and although it’s painful for the fans, we feel it best to close this chapter on a high note.””We’re thankful to our partners at Marvel, showrunner Erik Oleson, the show’s writers, stellar crew and incredible cast including Charlie Cox as Daredevil himself, and we’re grateful to the fans who have supported the show over the years,” Netflix added just a month after the third season of the series launched on the service.

Raku likes this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It's been a while since I been this angry about a cancelation. Iron Fist and Luke Cage are fine being canceled- I can understand that.. but Daredevil? Sure, season 2 had some missteps in the second half with all that dumb ninja clan stuff that was forced for the mediocre Defenders series, but the rest is solid gold. Especially season three.

Now Punisher and Jessica Jones are for sure being canceled as well so there goes half of the reason I watch Netflix. I know a lot of people think this is for Disney+ but I highly doubt that is the case here. Netflix decided to cancel it on their own.

3. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I loved Season 3. I thought Dex/Bullseye was freakin fantastic. I also can’t wait for Punisher 2.

Essie and mattylikesfilms like this.
  4. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

I don’t understand the cancellation, but what do you expect any more. I hate the bullseye character, so I’ll be bummed if he gets a series..

5. James McK

Former emo kid.

Quite sad, but this show has had a perfect run - three excellent seasons. Definitely one of the best shows on Netflix.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  6. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I read that Marvel has made re-upping the licensing more and more expensive to the point that it wasn’t worth the money to Netflix. And I do think Marvel is going to work on using those characters on their own.

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That makes sense but that is very lame on Marvel's end.

8. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Disney definitely has an impact on this. The limited marketing and even burying of season 3 within the menus upon launch illustrated that Netflix wasn't bothering to get behind the franchise anymore. As theredline posted above, Marvel's relationship with Netflix is no longer collaborative and Netflix is cutting bait. I really don't think it's a reflection of the quality of the series, or its viewership.

9. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

They have no interest in helping Netflix when they'll be launching their own competing platform. The only value proposition for them is to charge so much that it makes up for the benefits to Netflix.

10. TellYourFriends

Lexington, KY Prestigious

Bummer, though inevitable with Disney+. Really enjoyed this last season of DD.

What are the chances they continue the stories vs just rebooting? I guess it would be odd to do if the seasons are scattered across multiple platforms.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah, this makes sense but makes me super mad. It's the downside of having a juggernaut like Disney at the wheel. They are ruthless as hell.

It's been done before (Community on Yahoo lolz) but I highly doubt they will continue it. Rebooting sounds more in line with the Disney/Marvel brand which sucks because I was really hoping for a fourth season. Vincent D as Kingpin alone is worth keeping the show alive. So mad about this.. ugh...

CMilliken likes this.
  12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I loved Dex and one of the biggest disappointments of this all is not seeing what lies ahead for him.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  13. red8ge

Regular

is disney playing hardball because of their streaming service?

14. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Fuck this.

mattylikesfilms and Raku like this.
  15. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Bummed about this. Loved so much about the show—especially the cast—and was eagerly looking forward to season four. Hoping we’ll get to see some DD characters make appearances in the upcoming seasons of the remaining couple of shows.

mattylikesfilms and Raku like this.
  16. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter

I'm really sad because LC, IF, and DD all left off on such interesting places. It's sad that we won't see what comes next.

Essie and Raku like this.
  17. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Was very disappointed when I saw this. Has been one of my favorite shows the past few years. Really hope this isn't the last we see of this cast.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  18. theredline

Trusted Supporter