Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix Buys ‘Knives Out’ Sequels for $450 Million

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Variety:

Netflix is plunking down an astounding $450 million for the rights to “Knives Out 2” and “Knives Out 3,” the next two follow-ups to the 2019 murder mystery, sources tell Variety. The films will reunite director Rian Johnson and star Daniel Craig, who teamed up so memorably on the first detective story.

Get that

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. heymattrick

Sending my love

Damn, not everything needs a sequel...

hope they recreate the magic

3. CMilliken

Trusted

Hoping I can buy this to add to my personal library at some point. One thing I hate about all these going to streaming services. Would love to out right own The Mandalorian.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I do declare

Oskarr likes this.
  5. Watched Knives Out last night, not yet realizing that this incredible news dropped yesterday

fantastic movie and I can’t wait to see Benoit Blanc tackle new mysteries

6. rbf737

Regular

They've been planning this basically since before the first movie came out with Daniel Craig doing the same role with a brand new cast and mystery. I think it sounds like a good formula personally but yeah the first one was solid.

sawhney[rusted]2 and heymattrick like this.
  7. heymattrick

Sending my love

It's always on the front page of Prime Video so I end up throwing it on a lot to have on in the background. So solid and it still makes me laugh every time.