Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix Bumping Up Prices

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Netflix will be raising prices in the new future:

To fund that spending, Netflix will now charge $10.99 per month instead of $9.99 for a plan that allows two people to simultaneously watch programs on different devices. Another plan that streams ultra-high definition, or 4K, video, will rise 17 percent, to $13.99, from $11.99 a month. The lowest-cost plan, at $7.99, which doesn’t include HD and does not allow for simultaneous streaming, will not increase in price.

Fine, just give me more Stranger Things.

2. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Lowest Cost Plan Forever

Raku, Joe4th and Turkeylegz like this.
  3. youwontknow

If I smile with my teeth, bet you'd believe me

Can someone please clarify if you know:

Will the 4K plan ($13.99) also allow the same '2 people on device streaming simultaneously' offered on the $10.99 plan?

Thanks!

4. 4 devices on that plan.

youwontknow likes this.
  5. youwontknow

If I smile with my teeth, bet you'd believe me

6. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Yeah, charge me $20 bucks.... I don't care as long as you give me Stranger Things.

mercury and truelovewaits like this.
  7. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I was expecting a way worse price hike considering how many people on my Facebook were posting about it and kind of freaking out.

8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

That's cool and all but where's my 4-disc DVD plan, yo?

9. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

an extra $1 a month for the largest streaming library of original content in the world is perfectly reasonable.

truelovewaits likes this.
  10. My Amazon Prime and Netflix subscriptions I feel unhealthy about how much they'd have to raise the price before I'd cancel.

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Not really upset, but time to kick my sister off my plan. Her and her husband have been on mine for years and I had to upgrade recently because they kept using both of my screens.

CMilliken likes this.
  12. The worst. Haha.

13. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

When my wife and I moved in together, we had two Netflix plans. My solution(obviously) was to condense that to one subscription.

I said well, I'll just keep mine going(since she was always at my house using mine anyway) She said well, but my Grandma and Mom use mine. To this day she still pays for hers and I still pay for mine, because she refuses to make them pay for their own. Her Mom and Grandma live in the same house, AND her Mom is a doctor! I'm like they can't each shell out 5 bucks a month?! She'll go to use it on her phone and 95% of the time they're both using it. I can't even :seeno:

Raku likes this.
  14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Especially at the end of a long day when you're like ah ok time sit down and watch an episode of - jk I'm blocked out.
    Don't even get me started. My sister is married, both work full time, no kids (yet), and asking them for money for it is like the biggest hassle, so I just gave up. Not that it's the end of the world or even that much, it's just a weird thing.

15. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

speaking of, any netflix recommendations? we just finished The Confession Tapes which was super good/infuriating. we really like true crime docs, but are open to pretty much almost anything. i find myself on hulu more often nowadays.

16. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I'll have to let my in-laws know that they're going to be paying more money for "our" plan...

17. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I'd probably pay like $25/mo to watch Bojack over and over again

18. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

maybe i'm just old but i will always remember paying $30 for a season of how i met your mother on dvd or late fees on the first season of heroes i rented and will never ever have a bone to pick with the netflix pricing model

19. CMilliken

Trusted

Time to change the password.

mattfreaksmeout and Toner like this.
  20. Brokarucci

I'm ready to pay such price if they keep filming dope TV series!

21. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Icarus is a wild documentary on the Russian doping scandal, definitely worth a watch.

22. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

ooo will put it on my list, thanks!

23. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Read this as "The cost of watching The Office every night while falling asleep is going up by a dollar."

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

assuming they keep the office much longer
    heard they were going to be getting rid of it this fall.
    hoping it's a false report.

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah pretty much.
    I own all seasons of sopranos on DVD, Entourage, Friends, HIMYM, to think how much money I spent collecting all those DVDs that are now available at my fingertips, they can charge me another $1 a month.

Jason Tate likes this.