Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix Announces ‘Stranger Things’ Aftershow

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Netflix will be airing a Stranger Things “aftershow” called Beyond Stranger Things. The Hollywood Reporter has the details:

The streaming giant is launching Beyond Stranger Things, a post-show rehash for the sci-fi phenomenon that debuted in 2016. Hosted by writer, producer, actor and “superfan” Jim Rash, the show after the show promises to explore the inspiration for the series, tell behind-the-scenes stories and analyze every aspect of the second season, including answering all burning questions.

2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

interesting to see this model applied to a binge service. i'll check it out, i love jim and the cast in general is very charming.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

As soon as I read the title, I immediately got annoyed by assuming Chris Hardwick was hosting this.

4. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Ugh please. No more of this. It's so unnecessary and so clearly just for money. I don't need to have the whole show broken down and explained, I like self interpretation. Nor do I care for like, random celebrities stupid comments on who's their favorite and blah blah.

5. Talking Strange?

6. Well, it's not like Netflix doesn't already have the money of their subscribers...but I agree, these shows are kinda weak.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. (You don't have to watch.)

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

stranger talk
    talking strange
    talking things

9. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

I hope that this being on a streaming service removes the potential for "now lets see what dozens of random people said on Twitter!!!!" segments.

10. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Stranger Thinks

slickdtc likes this.
  11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i just cannot stand him

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Such a dumb way to produce more "content"

I won't watch in hopes that this trend will die.

13. Fox83

Trusted

I thought the same thing until I saw that Jim Rash is involved. And they pulled me back in...

14. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

(I don't.)

15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I like Jim Rash too, but not enough to hear him recap a show that I just got done watching.

I don't know about everyone else, but there's already WAY too much quality programming out there that I don't have the time to watch. Why would I watch a recap show when I could watch a million other original things?

16. Chinesefood

Regular

He's the worst

17. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I really hate these kind of shows.

carrytheweird likes this.
  18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

There has been far too much Chris Hardwick slander in this thread

natefoundglory and coleslawed like this.