Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Neko Atsume Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by PyramidPostcard, Mar 22, 2016.

1. PyramidPostcard Mar 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 22, 2016)
    PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

Neko Atsume: Kitty Collector is a cat collecting game developed by Hit-Point for iOS and Android, released on October 20, 2014. Gameplay revolves around the player purchasing food, toys, and furniture to attract a variety of cats to the player's garden. The player can watch cats in the garden, take photos of them which can be saved in an album, and receive gifts from them.

Yutaka Takasaki, the developer of the game, said that his goal was to create a game that even children could enjoy without a significant investment of skill or time. While he loves cats himself, he has said that "to be honest, I do not know why this game is so popular."

It's also the only game with this lovable creature:
    [​IMG]

2. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Was obsessed with this for a while, but with no new updates lately, I've stopped checking it.

3. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

It updated a couple days ago, adding 4 new cats, some new goodies, a new yard design, and a new wallpaper feature.

4. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Yes! I must update asap!

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  5. Threads

Regular Prestigious

I deleted this game to make room on my phone but I loved it when I had it downloaded. Tubbs is a generous friend. :praise:

6. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I had just gotten every memento when they added those new cats. This game is a curse.

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

fuck tubbs, eating all my food

neptune likes this.
  8. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

there's an entire movement/hashtag on twitter about wanting him gone.

also...I'm addicted. like crazy addicted.

9. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I'm addicted and find this consuming my life

10. I had to start all over when I had to do a system restore on my phone. I had all the cats, but the last one (before the update) along with having purchasing nearly every item in the store. Currently about 30 gold fish away from having enough for a yard expansion. I've been primarily leaving out Frisky Bitz in order to gain more fish. I currently have 5 mementos so I guess my cats are liking me better this time around.

11. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I downloaded this awhile ago but am just starting to check it more often. I'm saving for the yard expansion right away. It's taking forever.

12. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Tubbs is great tho, I love getting hella fish/gold fish.

Threads likes this.
  13. Miss Heartcore

he definitely awarded me 3 gold fish the other day and i was like :eh:

Crit likes this.
  14. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Just got apricot and ganache mementos this morning, just waiting for sapphire and Jeeves but they've only shown up like twice

15. neptune Apr 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 3, 2016)
    Finally had enough gold fish to do my yard expansion. Now more kitties can come into my yard.

edit: Just received a memento from Ramses the Great. Had been waiting forever for him to give me a memento before I had to start over. I think I'm having more success this time around than I did before.

Miss Heartcore likes this.
  16. Razzamtazz

Love this game so addictive, I keep on forgetting you need to check it every so often to get those darn cats.

17. Miss Heartcore

Chairman Meow and Rascal have only visited me once despite putting out their favorite toys--how the heck do I get them back!

18. Finally caught Peaches. Took a while. Always missed spotting him/her in my yard.

19. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

I'm still waiting for Sapphire, Jeeves, Frosty, and Kathmandu to show up.

20. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Better food! They always want nice nice food.

For Frosty I had like seven pillows out at once so he'd have room.

21. I received ~3 mementos today from Lexy, Tubbs, and I think Socks?? I'm on a roll. haha

22. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I regret getting the modern remodel because the large item location blocks the small items on the left. Ugh. Only 280 gold fish till the next one.

23. windowbirds

Frosty is the last one I need to see, and also, I think there's three more cats coming in a future updated because the mementos still have three empty slots.

24. Has anyone remodeled their yard? I read that you can switch back to the original layout? I kinda like the candy remodel, but I also like the zen garden or whatever it's called. Can you put more items down in a remodel?

25. windowbirds

Yeah, you can switch back to the original layout. It's the same amount of places in each remodel, just in different spots.