Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising (Nicholas Stoller, May 20, 2016) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Apr 7, 2016.

1. After a sorority moves in next door, which is even more debaucherous than the fraternity before it, Mac and Kelly have to ask for help from their former enemy, Teddy.

Written by: Andrew J. Cohen, Brendan O'Brien, Nicholas Stoller, Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg

Starring:
    Chloƫ Grace Moretz, Zac Efron, Rose Byrne, Seth Rogen, Selena Gomez, Dave Franco, Kiersey Clemons, Ike Barinholtz, Lisa Kudrow, Hannibal Burress, Carla Gallo, Billy Eichner, and probably some other people.

[​IMG]

Red Band trailer:

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Going to be hilarious.

Cool poster.

3. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Very cool poster. I'm excited for this.

4. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

First Neighbors might be my favorite comedy film from the last few years. Excited for this one. Don't go to many comedies in theaters anymore (usually save theater visits for action movies that look cool on a big screen), but I think I will for this one.

5. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I'm super excited for this.

6. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I'm really digging that Mondo poster

7. Looks very familiar...

Regardless, it's going to be really funny. I'll definitely be seeing it.

8. airik625

But now it's a sorority instead of a fraternity.

I'm just glad Zac Efron is back. And to think I used to laugh at that dude.

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

New trailer's okay, but we're likely not getting something on par with 22 Jump Street. At the very least, I'm hoping this is along the line of Horrible Bosses 2 insofar that it's solid enough (and different enough from the original film) to justify its existence

airik625 likes this.
  10. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I didn't really enjoy seeing the first one (had high expectations for it and just didn't find it very funny) but I'm interested in seeing this based on that trailer

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I loved the first but unfortunately the trailers don't look hilarious. I definitely trust Seth and Evan though, they've never let me down in the past. I even liked Green Hornet

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This was a good watch, got what I wanted out of it. At times however, the sorority girls (namely Moretz and her two friends) are the only thing that drags the film down a bit. Regardless, this was funny for most of it, even if it's not as good as the original. Also, Efron's the big standout in this one.

supernovagirl likes this.
  13. airik625

Efron was the standout in the first one, too. Dude is hilarious.

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

How much screentime does Barinholtz get in this one? I thought he was underused in the first one

15. Serh May 20, 2016
    (Last edited: May 20, 2016)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

@tdlyon He gets at least slightly less here

16. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Pretty meh (I really enjoyed the first), but a few good laughs and can't ask for much more than that on a Friday night.

17. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I didn't like the first one but I LOVED this. Was freakin hilarious. There's been a lot of great comedies that have come out this year

18. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

This was a fun as hell time and this franchise is the high point of Zac Efron's filmography by a huge margin since like, 17 Again of Me & Orson Welles. I actually wish it were a bit longer and we got some more of the character work between the sorority girls.

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

It was good enough to warrant being made. Definitely not as good as the first one, but an enjoyable, quick 90 minutes with quite a few laughs.

20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Enjoyed this a bunch. It was missing the stronger characters like Dave Franco and Jerrod Carmichael as the enemy, but the jokes were there, so who cares?

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh, nice. Didn't know this was coming out, I'm sure it'll be good.

22. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I dug it. Probably a bit more than the first.

Not sure how I felt about the baby and the vibrator jokes.

23. this was honestly great and I liked it a lot more than the first one - liked the feminist lean to it

24. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I enjoyed this but the crowd in my theater was the worst. People loudly held conversations with each other, groaned when Dave Franco and his fiancee kissed and as we walked out could hear people complaining about the feminist jokes. It was mostly frat looking bros though so that could be it.

25. this is the number one reason i sometimes hesitate going to see movies in the theaters, especially when they're new. and MOST ESPECIALLY scary movies. fuck. scary movie audiences are the absolute worst.

TheWater(s) likes this.