Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Neck Deep / Trophy Eyes / Stand Atlantic / WSTR / Gardenside Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ArmsLikeTeeth, May 14, 2018.

1. bwh0005

[]

2. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Honestly Miming In The Choir was one of my least favorite tracks from American Dream so I would gladly trade that for something from Chemical Miracle. Daydreamer would be a welcome addition.

3. emlantzy

Regular

Merch:

4. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

That’s my favorite song on American Drean haha ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Theemoflamingo likes this.
  5. Jonny Sniper Sep 8, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 8, 2018)
    Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Based off youtube and instagram I can confirm WSTR is playing B2TB, Featherweight, Lonely Smiles

Edit: more instagram snooping gave me this which seems correct based on the order of at least one video

Tell Me More
    Crisis
    Bad To The Bone
    Featherweight
    Silly Me
    Footprints
    Lonely Smiles

Edit 2: girl who went to show in california last night said on IG Eastbound & Down was played so either they are rotating a song or Silly Me wasnt played

Edit 3: Neck Deep replaced Over And Over with Parachute so thats at least 1 rotating spot.

6. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Hmm, I'm going tonight (come say hi if any of you are going tonight as well! I'll be the guy in the tye-dye umbrellea State Champs shirt), I'll see if I can remember any differences for the Neck Deep set posted I'll put them on here. Don't know WSTR well enough to spot differences though unfortunately.

Jonny Sniper likes this.
  7. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

I'm going to dates in possibly NC and in NY. I just got super invested in trying to put pieces together for sets today and it paid off. Thanks in advance for any changes you notice from either band! Nice shirt choice too.

8. DarkestDayOfMan Sep 8, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 8, 2018)
    DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Stand Atlantic was the first band on so they and WSTR must be switching off who opens the show. They opened with Coffee at Midnight. I don't know them too much but they also played Chemicals and a song I think is called Cover It Up. I also believe there was a new song in there. But they straight killed it. I didn't know much about them but they have incredible hooks and really bouncy riffs and a fucking great vocalist. More of this in pop punk please. I'll edit more as the night goes on.

Edit 1: This is going to sound odd, but just hear me out. I know there's that meme about WSTR being like Neck Deep Jr., but like I think their singer might even have like very similar posture and stage mannerisms to Ben.

Edit 2: Trophy Eyes set is the exact same from what I could tell. Also should it be concerning that John introduced More Like Me by saying "this song is for anyone who hates themselves as much as I hate me." Maybe I'm just a little on guard with all the recent drug overdoses and suicides in our scene recently.

Edit 3: Neck Deep crushed it as per usual. No real setlist variation that I could see. Same as last nights. I hope they get a bass player soon though. The absence of a live bass player was sorely missed. Also they had their tour manager (I'm assuming that's who he was) doing backing vocals off stage which seemed odd to me, really just would have made more sense to get a touring replacement for the time being. It's not like Fil's departure from the band was a shock to the band themselves. Personal opinion also, Neck Deep shouldn't play Don't Wait if they don't have a guest vocalist to come out and do Sam Carter's part. They did it on the first leg of the tour but not this one and it just seemed weird having Ben walk around the stage mouthing the words. And lastly on a personal note, for fucks sake can people stop feeling up their significant others at shows? Don't really want to glance over to see some dude feel up his girlfriend.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  9. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

To be fair, their producer is Ben's brother and they've said they've learned a lot of what they know about performance from him.

10. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

That may explain it. I hope as they go on they can find their own identity, because I'm sure that being constantly compared to another band gets old after a while. I remember when Neck Deep was first coming into the scene everyone was comparing them to The Story So Far, and then they escaped that label of a TSSF clone after Life's Not Out To Get You came out.

11. Neck Deep played the Torn cover last night

lindsaylove081 likes this.
  12. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Fuck, of course the replace Over & Over instead of a more forgettable song like Parachute or I Couldn't Wait To Leave(no shade, but those are the weakest links on the set)

13. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Set times today

Stand Atlantic: 7-7:30
    WSTR: 7:45-8:15
    Trophy Eyes: 8:30-9:10
    Neck deep: 9:40-END

Neck deep went on 10 minutes late at 9:50

14. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

WSTR has been going on 2nd a lot lately. I think this is a permanent change. Good.

15. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Eh I thought Stand Atlantic was the better of the two, but to each their own.

16. jordanjohnson09

Regular

lol i basically only went for stand atlantic

emlantzy likes this.
  17. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

^ I went to see one Trophy Eyes song LOL.

(Only ended up pulling the trigger because so many of my friends were there and I got a cheap ticket.)

18. emlantzy

Regular

Stand Atlantic is better, WSTR just has more songs to fill a set out with

19. btr

Trusted Supporter

Was this with doors at 6?

20. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Yup!

21. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Buffalo was wild, would love to go to that venue again

22. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Did Stand Atlantic have their new album at their table, by any chance?

23. They had pre order cards, but considering the tour ends almost 2 weeks before, I doubt they’ll have it.