Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Neck Deep - The Peace and the Panic (August 18th, 2017; Hopeless) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, May 22, 2017.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe, can't stand the production on the new song though (and I didn't think much of the song itself)

2. I like this

3. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Saw these guys at Reading last night and it was fucking fantastic. Possibly the best time I've seen them live since 2013 (I've seen them roughly 8/9 times since).

4. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

we know by now drew is selective in the things he condemns

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

He's allowed to enjoy whatever music he wants regardless of the people that made it.

7. cwhit

oh definitely. it's more just like, deciding when to look the other way is okay is always fascinating to me if you don't do the same to every act

FTank and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Also got the black/white vinyl today and it looks fantastic.

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm more surprised that Drew actually likes the music

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This is growing on me a lot. I've had Motion Sickness in my head all day.

This band scratch that pure pop-punk itch I get during the summer and whilst their last album is definitely better (it's one of my favourite summery-yet-not-too-poppy pop punk albums full stop), this is good fun.

The song about Ben's dad dying is really sad too.

11. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

just now finding out that this sold way too many copies the week it was released? like, 30k-ish and top 5 @ BB200. i really thought they were drowning in their own boring music and horrible personalities but they're actually more popular? that's messed up

12. btr

Trusted Supporter

They have passed Real Friends, The Wonder Years, and The Story So Far as the most popular pop punk band

13. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

isn't day to remember stupid big?

14. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

i don't group ADTR together with neck deep, TWY, TSSF, knuckle puck and the like. they're all a bit distant in sound and audience last time i paid attention to them. same with 5SOS and ATL, both of which are still bigger

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

ADTR is on a whole other level compared to bands like Neck Deep, TWY, Real Friends, etc. in terms of popularity.

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this band are easily the most popular band in the scene right now. I also really like their music, it's very standard, but just really well written and done.

In terms of popularity:

Neck Deep
    The Wonder Years/The Story So Far
    Real Friends/State Champs/Knuckle Puck, etc

17. cwhit

State Champs are pretty easily bigger than TWY at this point

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It feels very weird to know how out of touch I am with what is "big"

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Do you think? I honestly assumed TWY were still bigger sales and fanbase wise, but I guess I forget that State Champs did those 5SOS and ATL supporting tours.

20. cwhit

nah TWY has dipped but they have more passionate fans and an older crowd, State Champs is Neck Deep level from what I've noticed
    but i'm also not in the scene, this is just based on seeing tours, posts on here, sales totals, general overall hype from the internet

21. cwhit

everything i know about warped tour bands i know from the tour forum

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah State Champs have really blown up after they released their last album.

23. I'm so out of touch with pop punk right now, I have no idea what the size of these bands are anymore.

24. Still coming back to this record daily 5+ months later. I think it might have beat out the last one for me.

25. Funny, I almost never listen to this record anymore except for "In Bloom" because that song is a jam and a half.