Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Neck Deep – “She’s a God” Video • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 27, 2019.

1. 333 GANG

ACAB

Bowling For Soup, and in their defense, goofy lyrics littered with pop culture references has always been their thing. Plus, that song was a blast.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  2. Lyrics are awful. Song is also awful

3. fuck this band, fuck a new song, they shouldn't have a career

Brent likes this.
  4. TDenverFan

Regular

Woah woah woah... let's not shit on Bowling for Soup (Slash SR-71, who actually wrote the song).

Saw them a few nights back with Reel Big Fish, still put on one of the most entertaining live shows out there

BradBradley likes this.
  5. emojedi

Trusted

I will stand by my love of Waterparks no matter how hard it is.

6. 333 GANG

ACAB

Waterparks are at the bottom of the pop punk barrel.

7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Dude gives off extreme pedophile vibes. 10000% skipping their set at the blink show in MA.

8. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

The Cab did it approximately 5000% better

9. Ellite25

Regular

I hadn’t heard of Waterparks until now and I looked up the lyrics to turbulent and listened to the song. Jfc they’re atrocious. The lyrics are super nice guy.

zachmacD likes this.
  10. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

If this was literally ANY pop punk band except Neck Deep, I would find this cute and endearing on some level, as cringy as this is. But... its fucking Neck Deep.

Well, at least the singer's name isn't fucking Awsten (RAWR).

zachmacD likes this.
  11. DutchDynamite

Don't live your life like a sad country song

That song was actually written by the singer from SR71. All the love for BFS though

333 GANG likes this.
  12. 333 GANG

ACAB

I know, but the SR-71 version never made any waves and I’m sure that wasn’t what they were referring to haha

13. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

BFS is a joke band anyway, this song is way worse by default because they're actually being 100% serious

14. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

That's my Album of the year at the moment. Love it!

CyberInferno likes this.
  15. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Haha I've got twin boys that are two and a half. Hard to imagine them going to kindergarten, much less college!

16. CyberInferno

Fully agreed about BFS. They're a fun band. Saw them one New Year's Eve, and they played for like 2.5 hours including a 15-minute cover medley, and it was a great time. And them touring with RBF is a perfect combo. Both bands just trying to have fun and make people get up and move.
    To be fair, their stuff has gotten a lot worse recently. They actually have some decent songs (see below). But that's part of the disappointment is that they have the potential to not suck, but they've been absolutely awful recently.

17. AAstra

Song isn’t as cringeworthy as I thought. Music itself is good but the lyrics aren’t all that enjoyable as noted by others already. Wish they would go back to the days of making music like Rain in July and Wishful Thinking...although this is typical for most bands where fans usually wish they’d make what they used to.

Genuinely asking...where does all that hate come from with this band? Does it stem from the old guitarist that they booted for the sexual allegations?

18. CyberInferno

Never heard this before, but yeah, same it's in the same vein and is infinitely better.

Zoshchenko likes this.
  19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hahahahahah geez... that was fucking awful. It’s a shame since Life’s Not Out To Get You was a pretty great record given the genre but it’s pretty obvious these dudes are never returning back to that quality. Oof.

20. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I mean, back then they were like The Story So Far-lite but yeah, that album had some tunes. The last one and this just sound like Third Eye Blind or Matchbox 20 or any of those other terrible American 'alt rock' bands you hear on supermarket radio or at your local pub.

21. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Look, I won't judge, but I am genuinely curious... how can a grown adult actively enjoy and not feel uncomfortable listening to songs made by another adult called Awsten?

22. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

As soon as I heard that first line about underwear, I closed the tab. I need not go any further to grasp how awful this is.

23. That Madonna name drop...

24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Definitely would rather have TSSF-lite vs their last record and this but yeah you nailed what they sound like now lol.

It’s awful.

25. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Oh same, for sure. Fuck, I'd rather go down to my local pub and watch the smug white boy cover band make "Semi Charmed Life" and sound even worse than it already is than listen to this shite.

mattylikesfilms likes this.