Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Neck Deep – “She’s a God” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. 333 GANG

ACAB

Those lyrics. Yikes.

CMilliken likes this.
  3. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Yeah, the music isn't bad, but I can't see myself singing along with this. I love my wife, but neither she nor any other girl I've ever known would be fitting to be called a god lol.

justin. likes this.
  4. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The first line is embarrassingly bad.

5. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah... this is just bad. I think it's a good thing, but they'll just be another band that I used to really like that I'm over. I find myself struggling to like much new pop punk because the lyrics just aren't meant for someone my age. It's bittersweet as I still dig the genre, and find a lot of catchy stuff in both the melodies and guitars, but at 32, I just can't get over how cringy the lyrics are. And the sad thing is, some of these guys who write the lyrics aren't far off from my age.

Arry, solxace, Histrionics and 2 others like this.
  6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I don’t like this at all

7. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Good hook, strange lyrics

8. As we wake up she begins curling up to me in her underwear. And she looks at me with her eyes like planets in a solar flair. She gets dressed, she looks her best with her hair like, everywhere. And it comes to me In a moment of clarity She’s a god She’s a freak like Madonna She’s a god Carry me to nirvana She’s a god Gimme peace, gimme dharma She’s the one Swear to god, she’s the one She’s a god. And everybody’s like “Oh wow, tell me now, how’d you get so spiritual? Did you go Far East, see the temples and find yourself? Grow your hair out?” And I’m like “Hell nah, I’ve got a girl, she performs miracles, Are you cynical cuz I’m her only believer but she’s nothin’ like Jesus?” She’s a god And she walks amongst us on her way to work. I’m her chosen one She’s my deity And she’s saving me. Cuz I’m blinded by my faith for my babe Cuz she’s the reason The reason I say I’ve seen the light burst into colour She is the sun She is the thunder.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

mmhmm likes this.
  9. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I often wondered where the high school poems I wrote on myspace went to after they were archived.

I now have my answer.

10. I can't decide if Neck Deep or Waterparks released the song that made me laugh harder after reading the lyrics

CMilliken and lindsaylove081 like this.
  11. Good Mourning

Absolutely atrocious

12. SmithBerryCrunch Jun 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 27, 2019)
    SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Vocals and music are pretty good. Lyrics are poo poo. But in their defense, they've never been known for amazing lyrics.

13. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This is HORRID.

Waterparks. The answer is always Waterparks.

14. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Don't defend an inability to write well.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This is atrocious and makes me not want to buy tickets to see Blink 182 even more.

16. CMilliken

Trusted

Listened to half of it before having to change it. Yikes that was bad.

17. CyberInferno

If you haven't listened to the debut full length from Youth Fountain, you should check it out. It's a bit "harder" than traditional pop-punk, but they definitely up the game lyrically. I agree that it's hard to relate to a lot of pop-punk these days (just turned 34).

Bayside 182, morken and ScutFarkus like this.
  18. CyberInferno

Waterparks' last album was cringingly bad at times, and the one song they've released thus far has managed to lower the bar. Which is a shame because their debut album was actually ok for bubblegum pop-punk. I had some hopes for this band that got absolutely squashed.

19. zachmacD

Trusted

yeah, what are these lyrics. I didn’t love the last album, but how do they go from writing songs about the singer’s dad passing to this?

20. DesolateEarth

Birb

Things to not do when writing a song about someone you love:

1) talk about them in their underwear.

tyramail likes this.
  21. Phatty McTavish

Second the recommendation on Youth Fountain. You think it's tough at 34, wait until you hit 44 and are sending your first kid off to college.

22. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I saw an interview where this dude (the lead singer) said the best thing about Neck Deep is his lyric writing. Thats the biggest LMFAO ever.

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

These lyrics deserve to be on
    r/menwritingwomen

24. terps12

Regular

Didn't a shitty pop punk band already do a Madonna/Nirvana rhyme?

25. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Thanks a lot Jason, I don't even have to waste my time listening to get the laughs. Sounds like lyrics from a 2008 era myspace band haha.

Jason Tate likes this.