Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nathan for You Won’t Be Returning

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. PorterBoyBlue

I am heartbroken

3. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

[​IMG]

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

One of the greatest series finales in all of television to his name, then

coleslawed likes this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Heart is shattered.

6. brothemighty

Trusted

Wait, this is an elaborate Nathan For You stunt, isn't it

7. BradBradley

Regular

That crossed my mind too. Either way, it’s kind of brilliant. On one hand, he could wait a few years to bring it back when people stop expecting it or at least mostly stop talking about it. On the other hand, it’s pretty great if he really is done but knows some people will be anticipating that from him. It works perfectly either way, especially because (publicly) the news that its done is coming second hand. I hope he drops a new season in like 20 years. It would be amazing to have to explain who he is to my kid. “Uh, he plays this really awkward and unique and hilarious guy on his show... but he also probably isn’t really playing a character at all for the most part... and he started on Canadian public access... uh, he did this thing with a coffee shop next to a Starbucks, but he called his Dumb Starbucks. No one knew it was for a show for a while... just watch!”

fredwordsmith likes this.
  8. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Perfect series finale is perfect. It's a goddamn shame it didn't win an Emmy. It was the most memorable thing I saw on TV all year.

9. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Probably my favorite show ever. The hotel episode had me literally shitting my pants

10. btr

Trusted Supporter

Just watched Finding Frances last night. Absolutely brilliant series.