Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nathan for You (Comedy Central) TV Show • Page 61

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Nathan, Mar 31, 2016.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

You're right. I was just making a generalization. The actual premise and execution of the show is nothing like NFY.

That being said, I do think this show (based off the limited amount I've seen) does dig into the human experience and has a similar sensibility to NFY. The pacing and John Wilson's style is more like Joe Pera (also a show that's not really like this show)

I admit, it was a clunky analogy.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

if we're being honest, I could NOT get into Joe Pera at all either. I enjoyed this more than Joe Perra, but maybe their styles are just not for me

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

steve

riotspray likes this.
  4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Joe Pera is incredible

coleslawed, riotspray, Zilla and 3 others like this.
  5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This was ok, it definitely picked up about halfway through. I'lll watch again for sure

6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

First episode was okay? I’ll keep watching for now.

7. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Sorry to get down on Dominos, but it’s in my belief you shouldn’t waste kinetic energy.

8. congruence

Got a light?

There was a lot of specifically relevant humor for my gf and I in this so we enjoyed it, she was a bit creeped out by parts of it (she loves NFY), I thought it was great but also on the fence on how it’ll be moving forward

9. RyanPm40 Oct 26, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 27, 2020)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I feel like people liked his interaction with that spring breaker more than his observations of people from a distance and I feel the complete opposite way. I cringed so hard through him following that dude around, but thought all the random shots and narrations of NY were hilarious

10. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

i loved all of it !

riotspray likes this.
  11. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

NATHAN!!!!!!

Also Key & Peele hell yeah

14. RyanPm40

Nice, NFY and K&P are already on Hulu so I don't really care there, but Chappelle is pretty sweet

15. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I think NFY isn't on Hulu anymore

16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Oh are they both still on Hulu? I figured this meant they would be leaving Hulu.

waking season likes this.
  17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I hope it’s not leaving but I’d imagine it is

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. RyanPm40

Good question. They're still there now, but could go away. But then again, HBO Max has a lot of Adult Swim and Cartoon Network stuff that is also still on Hulu like Rick and Morty or Regular Show

Anthony_ likes this.
  19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Netflix just announced they're getting Chappelle's Show too. What is going on.

OotyPa and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

Educated guess: Viacom is windowing a ton of its content before it relaunches CBS All Access as Paramount Plus next year. Netflix is willing to burn cash for the short term gains of having these shows while they're temporarily/still up for grabs.

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

That makes a lot of sense.

22. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

riotspray likes this.
  23. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Sweet. More ways to get other people into this fabulous work of art.

RyanPm40 and Anthony_ like this.
  24. irthesteve Nov 12, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 12, 2020)
    irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Ok.

I still don't think the first episode was good, but fuck.... Episode 2 got me. I learned SO MUCH about scaffolding, it's all I can think about. I watched a movie set in NYC tonight and the whole time I was thinking about scaffolding. I legit was in an hour internet hole about the NoLa Hard Rock disaster, how fucking terrible and how insane he was there two days ahead.

Anyway, gonna watch episode 3 tonight, I guess I'm a fan now. Scaffolding..... man

25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I really liked the first three episodes. Lots of interesting stuff and fun interactions/footage of people.

riotspray likes this.