Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nathan for You (Comedy Central) TV Show • Page 52

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Nathan, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel like it's the only episode that crossed a line and went into mean spirited territory.

2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Y’all are making me think I never even saw that episode bc none of this sounds familiar to me

3. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

It's the episode he gets a fat suit and crazy makeup done to look the the other guy, just to get a date.

4. delvec19

Trusted

Hits home with some of y'all I guess then. It was a hysterical episode. Corey is probably way more popular than ever now.

5. supernovagirl

I may be misinterpreting this, but is this an attempt at a fat joke? In 2019? In a post about what’s hysterical?? Hunnnnnyyyy lmaooooooo

Anthony Brooks and Joe4th like this.
  6. jols

Trusted Prestigious

They checked in with him on that special but I can't remember how he was doing :shrug:

7. delvec19

Trusted

You're interpreting it wrong.

8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

They checked in on him and he had moved into a place with a couple friends and got a girlfriend, so that's nice, but my point remains the same that I feel like the episode was a mean spirited act upon someone dealing with loneliness and, yeah from my own experience, depression.

9. delvec19

Trusted

You must really hate the private investigator when he calls Nathan the "Wizard of loneliness".

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Congrats on completely missing the point.

Moving on.

11. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Nathan’s loneliness/awkwardness was kind of a meta subplot throughout the series. I don’t really have an issue with that being a choice he made for his own show. That’s a little different

I don’t really have a big issue with The Hero as an episode. I just don’t remember it having as many funny moments as most of the episodes had for me personally. I’m not passing any judgement on anybody who likes it, or Nathan and his crew etc. But I can see why it can be interpreted as punching down

12. supernovagirl

Oh, okay, great! then how should I be interpreting “it must hit home for some of you” after the statement that he was wearing a fat suit and makeup?
    That it hits home because we’re also lonely/unable to get a date?
    It’s hard to tell what you were responding to, since you didn’t quote.

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I mean at the end of the day Corey went along with everything and at no point did he try and call any of it off. Unlike almost every other stunt Nathan pulled on the show, he very clearly explained to Corey exactly what he was going to do (other than the girlfriend thing), which is more than most of Nathan's other marks can say. It all just goes back to one of the show's running themes, which is that people will do and say almost anything when you put a camera in front of them and say they're going to be on television.

14. delvec19

Trusted

I just think he's screwed other people over way worse than anything he did to Corey.

15. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The thing that doesn’t sit right with me is that he dates this woman who, if I’m remembering correctly, doesn’t know that it’s Nathan in a suit.

16. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I pretty much agree with this. I just didn’t find the episode to be that amusing, especially by comparison

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay, yes, I couldn't exactly remember if she knew or not, but if that's the case, then this is another pretty shitty thing to do. Probably worse than what he did to Corey.

waking season likes this.
  18. delvec19

Trusted

Found this today actually.

19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

But Corey goes along with it when they switch places at the end!

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm at work and reddit is blocked, summarize?

21. delvec19

Trusted

Interview with Jazmine from the show:

Alright I just want to clear some things up about the show. I responded to my casting agent about an audition for a "MTV" dating show. I got the part and It was me and 2 other girls. Us girls knew right off the back he was wearing a mask and we thought it was Tom Cruise in disguise. Haha Anyway, we each went on a date with "Corey" He eliminated the other 2 girls and I was the "winning" girl. We went on a second date (which didn't air) and he taught me how to tight rope walk. It was during my practice tight rope walk that he asked me to kiss him on top of the building. (Not during the bar date, that was voiced over when he asked) I was actually saying yes to a second date after the bar. Anyhow, after he came up to me on the roof I did notice his face looked different and I thought he took his mask off and the big reveal was that he didn't really have acne. I had NO IDEA it was 2 totally separate guys until I watched the show 3 days ago. I didn't even know it was "Nathan For You" until I started getting texts from my friends telling me I was on TV. That being said, I haven't spoken or seen "Corey" since the last day of filming. I only filmed for like 3 or 4 days back in July. I got my $1600 in cash from "MTV" and they asked if I was interested in going on a real date with Corey - no cameras. I said sure. They said they would set it up but nothing ever happened. Haven't heard from Corey or any of the crew since. I've been working on other shows.

How was "Corey" (Nathan in disguise) compared to the actual Corey? Or did you not have much time with the real Corey?

Well it's been a while since we filmed but if I remember correctly, "Fake Corey" kept saying Breast Cancer never affected him in a personal way. "Real Corey" said something along the lines of an aunt having had breast cancer when a news reporter asked him why he chose to raise awareness. I thought, "oh...well that's weird. Maybe he just forget." Also "Fake Corey", during the dinner date, told me he loved my nails and that his Mom does people's nails for a living so nails are the first thing he notices about a girl. I don't know if that is true about Nathan's mom, but "Real Corey" never mentioned it. Actually every date I went on with fake Corey he always looked at my nails and told me what he liked about them that day. He also kept talking about how inspired he was that I was going to be doing neonatology. He was really cute about everything, especially on dates. Real Corey however was much more straight forward. He wasn't as "nerdy/cute" as Nathan in disguise. Nathan was also constantly sweating and kept telling me that he gets "nervous" around me because I was so pretty. So he kept having to stop the filming and leave the set to get "cleaned up" I guess. But as far as time goes, I was with "Nathan" for 3 days of filming. I was with "Real Corey" for like...an hour....tops on the last day of filming. With only about 20 minutes to talk to him.

how was it during filming, was the tv-crew friendly? also, how do you feel about being on a show you didnt really sign up for?

The crew was actually really nice. It was my first time being on a "professional" TV set and I was surprised about how helpful everyone was. I had my own personal assistant on set who would literally go and get me anything I asked for. The only thing I didn't like was that I had to stay in a tent on set ALL DAY until they were ready for me on camera. Every time we took a cut in filming it was back in the tent I went. I wasn't allowed to leave at all. Ofcourse I felt pretty stupid and quite embarrassed when I realized what the show actually was when it aired. I thought "Corey" (the one I had gone on all the dates with) was really sweet. But then when I realized that was an entirely different guy, I felt ... Sad. Plus a little disappointed. I guess I really liked Nathan. Anyway, in the long run it's been the most popular show I've been in so far, so I'm liking that aspect from a career point. I just hate that I have to cross "MTV" off my filmography and put in "Comedy Central"

thats a little disappointing. thanks for all the insight though. so it seems that you didnt message corey at all or actually find him on okcupid.

No, they just asked me if I had a dating website and if not to make one so they can use my pictures for the show. I've had my OK Cupid account for about 3 years. I didn't even know they made "Corey" a profile until a few weeks after we finished filming and I randomly saw his profile pop up in my recent visitors. Also me and the other girls before the first date didn't even know it was just ONE guy on the "dating show" we thought it was different guys and we would each be matched up with a boyfriend. "MTV" wouldn't tell us the name of the show and kept saying it was a "Tentative Title" so we kept trying to guess the show right up until they said, "Oh by the way, it's just one guy." We were pretty pissed after hearing that and I was actually ready to walk off the set. I was like, "I did not sign up for the Bachelor! Guys chase me, I don't chase after guys!" And another girl said, "What? So we have to throw ourselves all over this guy like 'I LOVE YOU'? In order to get picked?!" Honestly I thought I had no chance compared to the other girls. They were like models and 10x more skinny than me. I was quite surprised when they got eliminated.

Thanks for posting here, I thought you were really genuinely sweet and a fun personality. Cool beans. When you were standing up there were you ever in fear that Nathan would fall off the wire?

I actually wasn't wearing my glasses and I'm quite blind without them, so I was just staring at a giant blurr and relying on the audiences screams to alert me if he fell. I did at one point think, "If he fell and died...what am I supposed to do? Just stand here?"

FrankieThe4th likes this.
  22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay, well they tricked her as well.

The whole thing seems scummy to me.

I'm not gonna throw away the whole series or Nathan himself because I truly don't think he's some asshole, but that episode really bothered me.

23. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I think making Solomon ask out the girl who responds to the Psychic ad while he’s doing her makeup in season 4 is worse than anything Nathan does in The Hero

24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I've felt weird about how they handle Solomon on the different episodes he's in, but he works on the show and maybe I've convinced myself that he's just completely in on it and it isn't some sad real life thing. But maybe it is, I don't know.

25. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

I'm friends with Solomon on facebook. There may be some more 'sad real life thing' going on there than the show lets on.