Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nathan for You (Comedy Central) TV Show • Page 41

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Nathan, Mar 31, 2016.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Truly an incredible finale. My god. That should've been released in theaters. I want Nathan and Maci to get married

2. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

That was some of the most engrossing investigative journalism I've seen in a long time. Loved that it still felt very Nathan for You with the Mud 2: Never Clean section and all the practice around what Bill was going to say when he saw her.

Parts of that episode made me uncomfortable in light of the Louis CK stuff.

Zilla, Fucking Dustin, Serh and 2 others like this.
  3. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

"When the bladder's full, you feel better when you empty it, even though you could wait.”

^^ Metaphor for the whole episode?

suicidesaints likes this.
  4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

spectrum hasn’t put the finale on demand yet which is not surprising, but it’s not available on Amazon either which is more annoying because i paid for next day with the season pass. i broke and am torrenting.

5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

it's still free on comedy centrals website, i would also email Amazon and complain if you paid for it. They'll usually make it right

6. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Highly recommend everybody check this out. It’s on Comedy Central’s website, this is the commentary from the first five minutes of the episode, where Bill takes a call from AT&T and doesn’t leave the room. Nathan continuously has to tell Bill to talk about things relating to the episode whenever Bill starts impersonating Bill Gates throughout the commentary.

kbeef2 and suicidesaints like this.
  7. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Y'all could have seen this commentary two years ago if you just bought the dvd smh

8. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Haha it came on after the finale, so it was just too perfect. Does every episode have commentary? Probably will buy these seasons at some point.

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Any news/info you might know about a S3/4 DVD release? I watch my 1/2 one all the time and would love to have the whole series

10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, Steve. I will preorder a S3/4 DVD right now if you can get me a Mud 2 hat.

dadbolt and Wharf Rat like this.
  11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'll say this, if it was 100% my decision then it'd happen, but there's a lot of other things at play. I'm actively working on making it happen though, ha

Zilla, tdlyon, kbeef2 and 1 other person like this.
  12. chris

Trusted Supporter

now that I've given it a few days, I think the finale might be one of the best pieces of entertainment of the last 10 years. (I would also say important, but I think really good things get called important way too easily so I'm not ready to make that claim yet.)

Wharf Rat likes this.
  13. balloon.pilot

Regular

My wife and I were thinking this the whole time. Eerily similar to Durst...time to re-watch The Jynx

14. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Holy shit I finally watched this today... truly epic. I loved how it gave off a true-crime doc vibe and felt like it was going to steer into unexpected territory along the lines of Catfish or Tickled. Bill was definitely a creep and Nathan made every effort to make sure any encounter with Francis wouldn't be harmful towards her. At the same time, you can see the complete heartache in Bill after he hangs up on the phone realizing he could never have her. Also, I don't know how much of a character Nathan's on-screen persona is as autobiographical, but I was happy to see how he and Marci got to know each other over the course of this finale, even though he was paying her by the hour. This season certainly felt short but can only assume they were lucky enough to get a 4th season at all since this isn't a ratings killer. I agree it deserves a 5th season.

suicidesaints and Wharf Rat like this.
  15. chris

Trusted Supporter

in that RS feature published before the season started, after they mentioned his divorce, Nathan mentioned he was seeing someone. Can we go ahead and hope that he was talking about Maci lol

dylan and irthesteve like this.
  16. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

It deserves a 5th season and I hope it gets one but at the same time you're never gonna top that so if you're going out go now

17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I hope he's dating Maci, he'll need to do another season soon to keep paying for her

5Stories, Anthony_, tdlyon and 2 others like this.
  18. irthesteve

I really loved how there was a fair amount of Nathan being out of character during the finale, it's really cool to see that slip out sometimes and you could tell he really felt for the story as a human too

19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

yo could you get me a job at shout factory luv u thnx

20. irthesteve

suicidesaints and JRGComedy like this.
  21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

suicidesaints and irthesteve like this.
  22. jjnunn118