Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nate Ruess Performing This Friday

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Nate Ruess will be doing a private concert at the Aston Martin Club 1913 this Friday:

Aston Martin will be hosting Grammy award winning Nate Ruess, frontman of the band fun. on Friday August 24th at 8.00PM. Register your interest to guarantee a seat for this extraordinary private concert experience.

2. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

every once in a while i'll think about fun. and be bummed that they are no longer around.

CAC3, Brent and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. DearCory

Regular

he does these random little one-off gigs a few times per year... I wish he'd do another album or proper tour again

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Pre-registered. This would be nuts.

5. HarrisonMonopoly

Regular

is fun. "broken up"?

6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I was so disappointed in his solo record but i'd love for him to put somethin' new out.

lava890 and Brent like this.
  7. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I want another fun. album way more than a bleachers or solo nate album.

CAC3, sammyboy516, lava890 and 4 others like this.
  8. monkeytarget

9. shea

RIP Supporter

I would sell an organ for another Format record.

russvanderhoof and Frank Lapidus like this.
  10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Bleachers = Fun
    Format = Steel Train

11. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

Bleachers is actually insane live. If anyone here hasn't given those albums (especially Gone Now) a listen you are missing out. OR just go see them live. The energy between band and crowd is on a different level.

12. Mr. Serotonin

Yeah my brother saw them back to back nights on the last days of the tour in CO and absolutely loved it. Didn't even plan on going the second time, but went based on the first show he went to, haha.

thisisacting__ likes this.
  13. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

I'll take more Bleachers over fun. any day. Nate's solo album was hot garbage.

14. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Bleachers second album is straight up sophomore slump.

15. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Hopefully to someone local, it costs a fortune to ship an organ.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  16. Mr. Serotonin

LOL

17. shea

RIP Supporter

no one would buy it. i don't take care of myself.

18. Mr. Serotonin

Great point

19. dnaps

PLAY THE FIRST SINGLE

20. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

wow. can you explain?

serotonin and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  21. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Ooof bad take

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This is still the official word:

"hi guys!

A lot of you have been asking us for an update on when to expect new music from fun. As you know, we like to give you guys news and updates when they are ready, but there has been a lot of recent chatter and we hear you and wanted to speak to you directly to explain a few things.so here goes-

first and foremost to answer the question that has been raised most often: fun is not breaking up.

fun was founded by the 3 of us at a time when we were coming out of our own bands. one thing that has always been so special about fun is that we exist as 3 individuals in music who come together to do something collaborative. we make fun records when we are super inspired to do so. currently nate is working on his first solo album, andrew is scoring films and jack is on tour and working on bleachers music. the 3 of us have always followed inspiration wherever it leads us. sometimes that inspiration leads to fun music, sometimes it leads to musical endeavors outside of fun. we see all of it as part of the ecosystem that makes fun, fun.

you guys are EVERYTHING to us. honestly. We want to treat YOU GUYS (our amazing fan base) with the respect you deserve; and that is by making music when we are fully ready to make it and never giving you guys anything that is less than 100%. “Some Nights” was a successful album and it would have been very easy for us to jump back in the studio and capitalize on our momentum. but making records and touring when its “good for business” means nothing to us. we make records and tour when we are inspired to do so. that is the very reason why we have built such a special connection with all of you. that is how we can be the most honest to the people who support our music.

It’s also important for you guys to know that the 3 of us are very involved and supportive of all these different projects going on within the fun family at the moment. that fact that our tiny club can produce so many different kinds of music together and as individuals is very special to us.

as always, we’ll keep you guys updated!

all our love

nate, jack and andrew"

23. BradBradley

Regular

“... frontman of the band [The Format]...” THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

24. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I could never get into Fun but I'd get pretty emotional if The Format ever did a reunion tour.

25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Considering this was their last communication as a band three years ago and that Jack basically avoids any questions about fun, I'd say they're broken up.

smowashere likes this.