Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nate Ruess on Jim Adkins Podcast

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. ARo24

Regular

A nice chat between two solid dudes. Enjoying this new podcast.

joey-wan kenobi likes this.
  3. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

This was great to watch, especially considering there has always been a local rumor of a 'rift' between the two camps for years.

4. IAmMikeWhite

@IAmMikeWhite Supporter

I know it shouldn't matter, but I'm actually pretty bummed Nate feels so negatively about Aim & Ignite. That album is so important to me, it feels weird to hear the artist say, "Yeah, not for me."

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  5. ctigers92

Aim an Ignite was his best piece of work he’s ever released, in my opinion. He seems worn out and not interested in music in general right now at all.

Surprised how high he is on his solo record though. Harsh Light was the only song I was ever fond of in the slightest and it was basically a fun. song.

6. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

With the mark podcast I felt a little underwhelmed, but yet I actually enjoyed the Nate one. To hear what’s in nates brain about writing and why he feels uninspired to write connected with me.
    Haven’t really been a huge follower of his bands, but I respect the hell out of his accomplishments.

7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Nate sure has a lot of excuses to not release more music, haha. Sucks, i'd love another album.

Brent likes this.
  8. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Just insufferable to listen to him talk/tweet these days.

9. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Jim is really good at this. I actually really enjoyed Mark's episode, even though he was a bit guarded. But Jim is great at keeping things light while drawing a bit of mystery out of these artists. Really hoping this keeps going.