Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Narnia

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dominick, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

i figured there should be a thread dedicated to land of Lion Jesus.

2. George

Trusted Prestigious

Voyage of The Dawn Treader was my favourite of those books as a kid. I loved the little rat man.

3. Started laughing out loud seeing this in the forum with the other location/local threads.

Bless you @Dominick, I needed that right now.

4. That was my favorite as well! I loved the part on the dragon island and then the island with the invisible one-footed people or whatever. Last one was also very good.

5. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Susan got robbed man

Nyquist likes this.
  6. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Real talk: I've never read the books, because I hate CS Lewis.

Henry likes this.
  7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The Horse and His Boy was always my favorite.

coleslawed and ChaseTx like this.
  8. The Horse and His Boy was cool when I was a kid but then I got to be a little older and realized it was racist as fuck

ChaseTx likes this.
  9. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Read the first book but I don't remember it. I played Aslan in my high school's production of the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Horse and His Boy + Last Battle forever.

11. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I don't know many people who have actually read the entire series. "Upsetting" does not even begin to describe the ending. Poor Susan.

Tim and Meerkat like this.
  12. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Heeyyyy everyone died in a train crash and went to heaven! But not Susan! She's a non-believer!

Nyquist, Meerkat and Jason Tate like this.
  13. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

Bunch of closet cases over there...

I'll see myself out.

14. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Susan discovered make-up and has to go to hell. I don't make the rules, that's just how it goes. - CS Lewis probably

15. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

It isn't just that she discovered makeup. It's that she cares more about worldly, material things (herself, basically) than anything to do with Narnia. Here's a quote from Lewis:

"The books don't tell us what happened to Susan. She is left alive in this world at the end, having by then turned into a rather silly, conceited young woman. But there's plenty of time for her to mend and perhaps she will get to Aslan's country in the end... in her own way."

I know this still doesn't sit well with a lot of people, but being a conceited person seems to be against all that Aslan and Narnia represent.